Throbbe

New owner in Cambridgeshire

Hi all

I actually picked up my 86 last month but work and driving it have got in the way of posting here. It's a Blue Edition with the performance pack, and while I'm the second owner it was a little used demonstrator so feels like a new car!

Daily driver (but working from home for now so not that daily) and the plan is to keep it standard for now. I'm loving getting to know it and haven't had a hint of buyers remorse. It's the first car I've owned in a while that makes me grin just looking out of the window and knowing that it's mine.

I've always said it's better to spend money on making the driver quicker with track days/tuition than making the car quicker. I've never actually stuck to that motto, but I'm hoping this is the first time!

IMG_20200724_191612_2.jpg

IMG_20200724_113350_2.jpg

IMG_20200724_155434.jpg

Welcome. Very nice! If it was available when I bought mine, I think I would have gone for the blue performance pack version.

Kept mine stock for 3 years and loved every minute of driving it road and track. Only now starting to add a few things. Definitely fulfils the look back test, always glance back after parking it, even now!

Also nice pies!

Welcome aboard. You have the best GT86 you can buy with the performance pack. :) If you do venture out on track it will be fine as is, but definitely get instruction if you are inexperienced. 👍

12 hours ago, willclarke said:

Welcome! Love the colour, where abouts in Cambridgeshire?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I'm down the A1 from you just outside Huntingdon.

Congratulations from Cambourne. Also tune in to Mighty Car Mods for a demonstration of fairly ham-fisted driving and removing and refitting the undertray continuously!

I love those Aussie pillocks, and they're working on a car I own for once.

1 hour ago, willclarke said:

Is yours the white one near Ramsey St Mary's?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

No that's not mine. I have seen that one around. I'm in another village nearby. Also I'm not a newbie. Just  never  posted before have  owned my 86 for 4 years now.