spikyone

CSL style bootlids

Wondering if anyone has experience with CSL style bootlids, with a moulded-in lip?  I like my current TRD replica spoiler, but can't help but think it would look slightly nicer if it were properly integrated.  With that in mind, I'm looking at a couple of options.

There are a couple on eBay that look to be the same item, one from Poland and one from Ireland, they use similar images on their eBay listings and are fibreglass for the full Lotus effect.

1.jpg

Polish one
Irish one

The other option I can see is the Seibon carbon fibre lid, which I'd want to have painted body colour.  That one is muuuuch more expensive, but I think that ex-GT86 owner Lowe had one and his car is still with a member.  Anyone know of other options, or have any experience with those?

There was someone on a German GT86 forum that was making some decent looking ones, I might have it bookmarked somewhere, will have a look and post the link if I find it.

Found the link, it's dead. was on gt86driver.de

Edited by AJ124

I’m eyeing up the irish one on ebay as i’ve a fair clout in my bootlid, but do i recall someone on here with the standard spoiler mounted to a Seibon csl? Sure it was in a build thread from before i’d joined

I did some more digging and it seems like the Irish seller is just an office of the Polish one.  The Polish seller has some pretty bad reviews (92% feedback! 😨) and seems to have had lots of courier problems, so they're probably best avoided.  I'm going to hold off for a couple of months and see if anyone runs a Black Friday deal on the Seibon.

23 hours ago, N_Spr said:

I’m eyeing up the irish one on ebay as i’ve a fair clout in my bootlid, but do i recall someone on here with the standard spoiler mounted to a Seibon csl? Sure it was in a build thread from before i’d joined

I don't think a standard spoiler would fit to a CSL style bootlid; I know the older OEM spoiler was shaped to the rear of the bootlid and I guess the newer one would need some sort of adaptor.  Seibon also make an OEM style bootlid so maybe it was that version?