Alex_brz

Waze and starlink

Hello to everyone,

I have just bought a 2018 BRZ and I have been trying to connect my phone to the car to use Waze but I am not able to do, probably because it does not work on this model. Are there any sollutions that will allow me to use Waze on the navi screen?

Thank you

Screenshot_20200817-000420_SUBARU STARLINK.jpg

I'm sorry to tell you but Starlink is a piece of crap, especially in the UK.  There are no apps worth a damn available for it.

I struggled with it until I could stand it no longer, ripped it out and bought an Eonon Android head unit.  Now Waze works fine.

Waze in uk 🤣 it.s funny but i don.t recommend it. Police is hiding perfectly and people cant tackle them, from the hgv I can see them after passing through - sometimes they have camouflage cars driving around. 3 points and 100£ penalty could be better to pay 1 day for silverstone race track.

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Waze in uk 🤣 it.s funny but i don.t recommend it. Police is hiding perfectly and people cant tackle them, from the hgv I can see them after passing through - sometimes they have camouflage cars driving around. 3 points and 100£ penalty could be better to pay 1 day for silverstone race track.

???

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

It's saved me from the odd ticket thanks to people marking the police, but I mainly use it to avoid traffic. I've learned not to think I know better than the satnav when it directs me down the "wrong" route.

Another Waze convert here. Works brilliantly well. Only odd thing I've had on occasion is when people put in false information. But other than that, it's been great for getting around and I use it all the time for work and my fairly long 40 mile commute for traffic notifications. The police and camera warnings are handy too. 

I seem to always be adding 'car stopped' hazards. 27 thanks last month. 😂

Main advantage of Waze is realtime information update, for example traffic jams .. and including user reported stuff, eg. some potholes, accidents, temporary changes due eg. roadworks .. and also mobile speedcams/cops :). Waze works very well due that in countries that have big community of wazers. On the other hand, if wazer count is not that big in country, there is not much of that extra gain in it.

What is the advantage of Waze over Google Maps these days? Just mobile cameras?
I believe Google own waze in some shape or form, bought out several years ago. So the reports that are put on waze now get displayed on Google maps. I've generally preferred the layout of gmaps so have stuck with it but if it's a new route or it looks like Google maps has picked up some traffic and trying to send me a different way I'll check with waze first! Both great apps tbh

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

On 2/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, Iceman said:

Waze is an aplication used in my country to tackle police speed cameras and road accidents. 

Your profile says you are in Felixstowe .. the last time I drove through there it was in England! ;)

On 2/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, gazza82 said:

Your profile says you are in Felixstowe .. the last time I drove through there it was in England! ;)

Yes of course