Sign in to follow this  
Braderz26

First track day in the rain tomorrow

Hi I’ve got a trackday tomorrow at castle Combe the forecast is thunder storms, it will be my first trackday in the wet and I’m bit nervous, just wondering if anyone could give me some tips so I don’t put it in the wall 😂

cheers 

Start out slow and build up to it. Stay off the racing line as there will be rubber on it and it will be slippery. Leave the traction control or take it half off in the slower corners to see how it reacts.

The most important thing is to just build up your speed gradually. I'd use full driver assist for the first few sessions unless you find it intruding too much, which you may.

Be very careful up the hill into quarry. The kink left is over a bump and if you're braking over that in the wet you may lose the rear. Then you go into a long right hander, it's apex is further through the corner than you think. Don't put the power down too early, and don't forget to look ahead, it's easy to keep your sight in too close. 

Unfortunately I don't know where the track puddles/rivers in heavy wet conditions. 

Are you on the primacy tires? 

26 minutes ago, Braderz26 said:

Thanks for that guys! I’ll take it proper steady to start :)

I’m on ps4 luckily they are decent in the wet. 

Good! They're great in the wet, really let you know where the limit is. The primacys tend to snap. 

I think driver 61 has a course guide for combe, and even if he doesn't they exist on YouTube, give them a look. It's well worth it! 

Couldn’t believe it didn’t have any rain for the whole day till the last 20mins 🤣 

had such a good day car felt so good carrying more speed than I thought through the corners, managed a 1.26.9 dunno if that’s good but I’m happy for my first go on that Circuit.