Billyb

Anyone in Herts/Bucks who can show me their car?

Hi. I’m new to the forum. I test drove a standard GT86 this weekend for a couple of hours (with a view to it replacing my Clio 172 Cup for track days and the odd daily drive) and sadly decided I couldn’t live with the engine. I suspect the torque dip could be sorted and I could be happy with it but I am not confident to take the plunge without having sat in one with this fixed. 

Is there anyone in the Herts/Bucks area who’d be willing to take me out in their car, ideally one with a supercharger fitted as this is the route I would likely take?

Thanks 

Thanks guys. GT86-Ian, it would be great to see what one with a Turbo is like if you are up for it. And MartinT, thanks very much. I may take you up on the offer!

In a slight change of plan, I am hoping someone might show me their GT86/BRZ with manifold & remap mod, as I could always go the route of supercharging later. Is there anyone in the area who is able to show me their car with these mods?

I am still hoping someone within say an hour of HP3 postcode might be able to show me their modded car. I'd be happy to return the favour in my Clio (!) or 964 FWIW.

No problem, happy to help a fellow enthusiast! Nice to meet you and see that lovely 964, it sounded great as you drove off. 👌

Good luck with the search; I'm definitely not parting with mine any time soon 😉 but hopefully you'll find something that fits the bill and we'll see you at a track day soon.

19 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

He does have a lovely car indeed! If you fancy experiencing other options, I am less than an hour from you. You are welcome to come along and have a ride in a Cosworth. 😊

Thanks very much "BRZ-123". I think I now have a good view of the cars. Just a matter of finding one now (or buying a vanilla car and modifying it myself). Thank you for the offer though 👍