Joolz

Petrol / Fuel Type Shell V Power, Tesco 99 Momentum, Sainsbury Super Unleaded, BP Super Unleaded

Lots of people in the US reliably running E85 on their 86’s/BRZ’s/FRS’s and when mapped correctly they get a pretty decent power increase from it. So only 5% Ethanol in VPower is fine. The FA20 loves ethanol.

Can't say I've noticed much difference in V-Power, which I still use.

Come to think about it, it was already E5 in my tank when I had my recent remap at Abbey.  Sorted!

I try and use V Power (99 ron), but Shell garages are no ideally placed around where I live and my normal work commute, so I probably manage it between 7 - 9 tanks out of every 10..
I have a problem with high ethanol fuels, I don't trust them in terms of long term damage to the engine but they have been imposed near-universally now. V Power used to be ethanol free but now isn't (up to 5% ethanol). Shell have also reduced their cashback on the new club card due to forcing you to be part of their carbon offset virtue signalling.
I know people will say I'm being daft re ethanol, but it was forced on the industry by governments for green reasons, not because it is a better fuel, although it does help boost ron which brings me to...
Tesco Momentum 99 (er, 99 ron) is very high ethanol at around 10%, prob the highest in the UK. I used it once in my 86 and my engine wasn't happy judging by the iff noises it started making. Never again.
I don't rate Texaco Supreme as it's impossible to find out its ron (although they happily publicise the very high ron stuff they sell at Silverstone only or wherever it is).
Similarly, I've always found BP Ultimate (97 ron) to be meh.
One that I do rate is Esso Synergy Supreme (97 ron) as in most of the UK (but not all) it is still ethanol free - see their FAQs Esso Faqs and performance seems good. I can also use my Necter card with Esso which is another bonus 

Learnt something new about Esso Supreme.
The Tesco momentum 99 has 10% ethanol is incorrect. Like you had checked upon esso, a quick check on tesco faq's reveal a max 0f 5% which is what most other brands incl shell have.

https://www.tesco.com/help/petrol-stations/

Under UK legislation, large fuel producers have a mandatory obligation to use a certain percentage of fuel from renewable sources. The renewable fuel used in petrol is ethanol, typically produced from sugar or starch crops such as sugar cane and maize. Dependent on location and supplier, UK petrol contains between 0 and 5 percent ethanol (produced in compliance to BS EN 288:2012).

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I've almost exclusively run Momentum99 since day one (a depressing 7 years ago) with occasional VPower or BP 98 when I need to fill up not on my normal commute. I've never noticed much difference between Shell and Tesco in terms of performance on MPG but had to put some Texaco 98 in recently after almost running out on a business trip to the back end of nowhere and found I was down to low 30s on the motorway (even after the HKS supercharger was fitted a few years back I normally manage 39-42 on the motorway) .