Kono

Maybe black was a mistake...how do I keep you clean!!

Hey ladies and gentlefriends,

So after owning silver and white cars pretty much most of my adult life, I finally get to look out my window a shiny black 86. Or atleast it is for 2-3 days a week after cleaning.

I live about 100 metres from the beach, so if there is wind i get a lovely coat of sand stuck to it, if the seas rough, i get a free salt layer and worst of all i work near a cement factory and skip wagon recycling centre.. If my cars not being assailed by nature and seagulls arses, then its all the dust from where its parked during work hours. How on earth does anyone keep black cars...black!?

I get unless i cover the car it's always going to get dust/salt/sand on it but is there anything i can do/put on the car, so I can maybe just jet wash/ hose off the stuff without having to fully rewash the whole car every few days, without it looking all streaky and dull?

Unfortunately it sounds like whatever you do, your going to have issues with it getting dirty fairly quickly. However you can get a ceramic coating applied to the car and that'll make cleaning it alot easier and stop and contamination from sticking to the paint. A ceramic coating should last 5 years, so for a cost vs durability comparison they work out very well, it's just the inital expenditure is quite high. 

Bear in mind a proper ceramic coating will need to be professionally applied by a detailer, some you can apply yourself however these don't have the same durability. Also avoid these spray on coating as they don't have anywhere near the durability that a proper coating has. 

Here are a couple of products to consider:

G-Techniq Crystal Serum Ultra

Gyeon Q2 Mohs+

Nanolex Si3D MAX

Based on your location check out APM Customs (https://www.apmcustoms.co.uk/) as they are one of the North Wests best detailers. 

I wouldn't necessarily say avoid the spray on ones, unless it's bit of effort to do them. For example, the auto finesse one is spray on, pressure wash off which takes a few minutes to do the whole car so just do it every other wash. Downside I've found (and I guess a proper coating would have this) is that you easily end up with spots when it rains...

18 hours ago, will300 said:

Unfortunately it sounds like whatever you do, your going to have issues with it getting dirty fairly quickly. However you can get a ceramic coating applied to the car and that'll make cleaning it alot easier and stop and contamination from sticking to the paint. A ceramic coating should last 5 years, so for a cost vs durability comparison they work out very well, it's just the inital expenditure is quite high. 

Bear in mind a proper ceramic coating will need to be professionally applied by a detailer, some you can apply yourself however these don't have the same durability. Also avoid these spray on coating as they don't have anywhere near the durability that a proper coating has. 

Here are a couple of products to consider:

G-Techniq Crystal Serum Ultra

Gyeon Q2 Mohs+

Nanolex Si3D MAX

Based on your location check out APM Customs (https://www.apmcustoms.co.uk/) as they are one of the North Wests best detailers. 

Hmm never thought about a ceramic coat. I'm not the most confident person in applying stuff to paint so i think i would be best leaving it to a professional. Also damn dude that place is like only a 20 min drive away cheers! I'll give them a call and see what they can do and the prices.

19 hours ago, Mike said:

I wouldn't necessarily say avoid the spray on ones, unless it's bit of effort to do them. For example, the auto finesse one is spray on, pressure wash off which takes a few minutes to do the whole car so just do it every other wash. Downside I've found (and I guess a proper coating would have this) is that you easily end up with spots when it rains...

Even my normal garden hose leaves drop marks on the car if i don't wipe it down , not really notices with rain tho :O! thanks for the heads up!

18 hours ago, sam534 said:

A garage is the only way mine keeps clean

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

That's my eventual plan...I did have a double garage till I put a work bench in it...but its currently occupied by a striped down evo5 and its engine all over the place. Hopefully by winter i'll have the room tho. Doesn't really help with the dust at work tho :(