Sign in to follow this  
McDude

Re-trimmed Steering Wheel

I know there are plenty of aftermarket options for steering wheels, but I wanted to go OEM+ so I got a wheel trimmed up on exchange (they trim up a wheel they have in stock and you send your old one back once you've got the new one) by https://royalsteeringwheels.com/ 

The result is fantastic, beautiful materials, perfect stitching. Really highly recommended. I went for perforated leather, like the OE part - but much better leather, around the grips and alcantara top and bottom. Red stitching and a centre stripe - I know the centre stripe can be a bit nobby, but I think it looks great!

I've always liked the stock wheel but just wanted it clad in something better!

Steering Wheel.JPG

Nice, I've heard good things about them too.  I love a bit of alcantara.  

I've just sent a spare steering wheel for my BRZ to Ledermanz/Grigul Design.  https://www.instagram.com/grigul_design/ 

They have done a couple of Mini steering wheels for me in the past that I was happy with, so cant wait to get it back.  Gone for a  similar design to the wheel they did for me on my current Mini JCW.  Will post up once its back.

Here was my mini steering wheel:

Before:

48671336961_28cea6095b_c.jpgWheel ready for trimming by James Baker, on Flickr

After:

48748359176_8d36daa076_c.jpgFreshly trimmed steering wheel by James Baker, on Flickr

48748359256_666f114a31_c.jpgFreshly trimmed steering wheel by James Baker, on Flickr

48748359131_ae00b9d0d9_c.jpgFreshly trimmed steering wheel by James Baker, on Flickr

48751112821_3c7cddbb44_c.jpgUntitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Looks good; similar to my DIY job using a cover from Ali Express. I'm sure your Royal Steering Wheels one will be slightly better quality and certainly a lot less effort!

unnamed.jpg.740912ec80a3da39ed01455c58e14783.jpg

14 hours ago, jw191 said:

Looks good; similar to my DIY job using a cover from Ali Express. I'm sure your Royal Steering Wheels one will be slightly better quality and certainly a lot less effort!

unnamed.jpg.740912ec80a3da39ed01455c58e14783.jpg

Good job!