Leonard

Hey GT86 Crew

13 hours ago, Lauren said:

@Leonard, when we next have a Yorkshire meet, if you can come over, I'd love to look at your car to see all the AUS/UK differences. Hopefully we'll have a meet again in the not too distant future. 👍

@O'Keeffe 88, Mike I reckon as soon the pubs/restaurants are open we can start to look to do another meet! :)

You would be welcome to have a look! I know weve identified some strange differences but its made me love it more. Its unique! 

The speedo is in KMph and the odometer is also in KMph. 😆😆 

The digital bit of OFF and I think they removed the fuse when it arrived in the UK. my plan is to replace the whole console so I can have MPH on the digital read. 

I think I'll attend the meet in the peaks next week! I'd like to meet to guys to ask millions of mod questions..  

8 hours ago, O'Keeffe 88 said:

Absolutely! Would be great to meet up again soon for a Cars and Carvery!

I'm going to make a separate post now for anyone on here who isn't on the FB group, but the Peak District drive is next Sunday (5th) - would be great to see some familiar faces, as well as some new ones, too! The start point is Cheterfield, so not far away from you at all, @Leonard, if you want to see what the 86 can do 👌

Cool, I'll look out for it. 👍

You are not the only one with right hand indicator switch. I have a JDM brz. And my fog light switch was retrofitted. Mind you, rear bumper light had no space for the bulb, so I fitted valenti bar.

IMG_20200629_185517.jpg

2 hours ago, Gregski said:

You are not the only one with right hand indicator switch. I have a JDM brz. And my fog light switch was retrofitted. Mind you, rear bumper light had no space for the bulb, so I fitted valenti bar.

IMG_20200629_185517.jpg

Bro @GregskiFinally..... someone with the same situation as me. So did you also have basic lights with no DRLs?? (your DRLs were your foggies until you changed it). 

Can you explain how you retro fitted the foggies? I wanna get new headlights with built in DRLs but I have 6 pin connections instead of 8. Gonna need those adaptors and hope it works. You could save me some trouble figuring it all out! 

hi Leonard, Greg here, 

so 1. My headlights look diffrent then yours, I attached a generic google photo with exaclty the same face as mine. The DRLs are under lights , indicators are built into headlights so I did not touch it. Looks like each country and each model differ with the setups.

2. I have no front fog lights, I fitted a switch that you can see on the photo - its for a rear fog light , but like I mentioned before, the jdm oem bunper fog light had no space for a bulb to be fitted, so I have changed that to valenti v bar. So again - each country has its own unique designs for this car. 

8846_5.jpg

20 hours ago, Leonard said:

Bro @GregskiFinally..... someone with the same situation as me. So did you also have basic lights with no DRLs?? (your DRLs were your foggies until you changed it). 

Can you explain how you retro fitted the foggies? I wanna get new headlights with built in DRLs but I have 6 pin connections instead of 8. Gonna need those adaptors and hope it works. You could save me some trouble figuring it all out! 

JDM cars don't have rear fog lights, AUDM/UKDM cars do.

19 hours ago, Gregski said:

1. My headlights look diffrent then yours, I attached a generic google photo with exaclty the same face as mine. The DRLs are under lights , indicators are built into headlights so I did not touch it. Looks like each country and each model differ with the setups.

BRZ is a different setup than 86, that is the standard BRZ setup worldwide.