Sign in to follow this  
cliddell

Perrin steering lockdown kit equivalent?

The Perrin steering rack lockdown kit looks like a cost effective way to eliminate unwanted movement in the rack:

Product page at Amber Performance

But it's only for left hand drive cars.

Has anyone encountered an equivalent product compatible with RHD cars? I figured I'd ask before going to route of changing the bushes.

3 minutes ago, cliddell said:

The Perrin steering rack lockdown kit looks like a cost effective way to eliminate unwanted movement in the rack:

Product page at Amber Performance

But it's only for left hand drive cars.

Has anyone encountered an equivalent product compatible with RHD cars? I figured I'd ask before going to route of changing the bushes.

I've got this fitted which seems quite effective

https://www.part-box.com/cusco-steering-rack-reinforcing-bracket-toyota-gt86-subaru-brz-965026a

1 hour ago, spikyone said:

Looks interesting - is it a noticeable difference in steering feel?  And does it create much NVH?

Steering is much more responsive - a tiny movement of the wheel makes a noticeable change as the slack that's there as standard seems to be gone. That may also be a negative for some people though.

Not noticed any extra NVH but my car is generally quite noisy anyway so I'm probably not the best person to comment on that.

6 hours ago, Deacon said:

That looks like it's solving a slightly different (closely related) issue... probably a more important one, at that! Added to the shopping list! Thanks.