WW_GT86

Advice needed!

Hello All,

I am new to forum and now seriously looking for a GT86 Blue edition and I have been offered two.

One of them is 68plate, without performance pack, 2k mileage.

Another is 19plate, with PP, but 15k ish mileage !!!

Both of them are are offered by Toyota GB which means I won’t have a chance to inspect both of them before I really commit to one of them as in paying deposit.

I am wondering which one would be a better buy? TBH, I am very obsessed with PP but my only concern is that the mileage is a bit too high for a one year car. 

Btw, I am from Swindon and I heard that Fish Brother are ok. Is there any other Toyota dealerships around me have good reputation as well? 

Thanks in advance!

Wayne

Hi, both sound like great choices. 

Just my opinion but always go for the specification you really want. If that's the PP then keep your search to that. It may take slightly longer for the exact car you want but you will ultimately be happier knowing you didnt compromise on what you wanted. 

Either way, both cars you mention sound great and as long as the servicing has been done, 15k still isn't a lot of miles on a car these days.

Good luck and let us know what you go for.

If you want the performance pack  then don't settle for anything less, As the car your looking at is so new have you looked  at sites like Broadspeed for a new car you can get £4100 off.

Average mileage has dropped over the years. It's down to around 7600 according to government figures. I expect it will be even less this year lol

However, I purchased mine at 2years with 28k miles on it. 3years later it's still under 40k miles so well within Toyota's expected 50k miles lol

My only concern is the condition of the car as I cannot inspect the healthiness before I really commit to it...Altho it was offered by Toyota GB ...

10 hours ago, Lauren said:

Definitely get the one with PP. 15K miles a year is fairly average. I did 25K in my first year. I wouldn't worry about that. 

I'm in Swindon too, and got mine from Fish Brothers. They were OK, just your typical car dealership. No reason to travel further, the only dealership that has a particularly good reputation is RRG in Macclesfield and that's a bit of a trek from here.

As @GT86-Ian said, check the price against what you can pay for a new one from a broker (Broadspeed, carwow, drivethedeal). I got a good chunk off mine by just printing out the best deal that I'd found on a broker and telling Fish Brothers that if they matched it I'd buy from them. 😂

I'd agree with the other comments on mileage, as long as it's been serviced then 15k is nothing to worry about.

My only concern is the condition of the car as I cannot inspect the healthiness before I really commit to it...Altho it was offered by Toyota GB ...

It still has 4 years of manufacturer warranty and is from them direct. What else will you inspect?Go for PP.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, WW_GT86 said:

As has been said, you still have 4 years of warranty left, seems a pretty safe bet really. 

18 minutes ago, GT86-Ian said:

Another option to consider is save for the new GR86 in 2021.

Always a dangerous game to play though, it could be terrible. It's also at least a year of not having a fun car, potentially.

Is 2021 officially confirmed anyway? You'd expect to see some camo spy shots by now if it's less than 18 months away. There hasn't even been a concept shown. They teased us for an age with the Supra.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, spikyone said:

Always a dangerous game to play though, it could be terrible. It's also at least a year of not having a fun car, potentially.

Is 2021 officially confirmed anyway? You'd expect to see some camo spy shots by now if it's less than 18 months away. There hasn't even been a concept shown. They teased us for an age with the Supra.

Not really, because as soon as the GR86 releases gt86 prices will likely drop. So if the GR is complete garbage then just pick up a cheaper GT. Luckily they arn't too common on the drift scene so drift tax isnt a thing yet...yet.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, spikyone said:

I'm not sure why you'd expect to see spy shots yet. Take the GR Yaris which I have followed very closely as I have one on order. There was nothing official released till March. The most of a teaser we had was the press testing of prototypes at Estoril back in December. Then when they do announce the car in March the order books open, with deliveries the following November. I would expect similar with the new GT86. I expect we'll hear something closer to autumn with a summer launch predicted. 

The problem with the Supra is that they talked about it too early and if felt like an absolute age. 

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

I'm not sure why you'd expect to see spy shots yet. Take the GR Yaris which I have followed very closely as I have one on order. There was nothing official released till March. The most of a teaser we had was the press testing of prototypes at Estoril back in December. Then when they do announce the car in March the order books open, with deliveries the following November. I would expect similar with the new GT86. I expect we'll hear something closer to autumn with a summer launch predicted. 

The problem with the Supra is that they talked about it too early and if felt like an absolute age. 

They ran a mule at the Nurburgring before then - likely to be the car that was seen at the 'Ring in July 2019 (if not an earlier test in April), which was known to be a camouflaged Yaris and had a huge grille. By spy shots I'm not talking about official teasers like the ones from November last year, far from it. I mean some sign that they're well into testing, which you would absolutely expect if they're launching it next year.

Given the huge interest and speculation online about the next 86 when there's nothing to show I'd absolutely expect someone to have spotted something being tested by now. The thing about the Yaris is no-one was expecting it so no-one was looking for it. Everyone's looking for the next 86.

Magazines and websites will have their photographers staking out Subaru, Toyota, and GR! It would be very tight for a 2021 market launch if they're not testing yet.

And no concepts at any motor shows either?

6 hours ago, Kono said:

Not really, because as soon as the GR86 releases gt86 prices will likely drop. So if the GR is complete garbage then just pick up a cheaper GT. Luckily they arn't too common on the drift scene so drift tax isnt a thing yet...yet.

If the new one does turn out to be a dog, it could have the opposite effect, making the current car more desirable. I wouldn't be waiting on a "maybe".

4 hours ago, WW_GT86 said:

A quick update guys!

I have put down a deposit on a Blue edition with PP ( not the 15k mileage one) and now waiting for it to be ready !!

I am very excited and looking forward to it and meeting you guys in the future! 

Thank you all of you !

Cheers!

Congrats mate. You will not be disappointed! Once I'd ordered mine I was like a child again!

Share some pictures when you get it please. 😉

19 hours ago, spikyone said:

They ran a mule at the Nurburgring before then - likely to be the car that was seen at the 'Ring in July 2019 (if not an earlier test in April), which was known to be a camouflaged Yaris and had a huge grille. By spy shots I'm not talking about official teasers like the ones from November last year, far from it. I mean some sign that they're well into testing, which you would absolutely expect if they're launching it next year.

Given the huge interest and speculation online about the next 86 when there's nothing to show I'd absolutely expect someone to have spotted something being tested by now. The thing about the Yaris is no-one was expecting it so no-one was looking for it. Everyone's looking for the next 86.

Magazines and websites will have their photographers staking out Subaru, Toyota, and GR! It would be very tight for a 2021 market launch if they're not testing yet.

And no concepts at any motor shows either?

You make a fair point, I get it and you are right. You'd expect a glimmer of something by now. Maybe with the GR Yaris nobody was expecting is so they wanted to generate interest by letting such things out. Perhaps as you rightly point out interest in the replacement GT86 is so high, that by not showing anything it keeps people guessing and thus interest levels high. It's hard to know but I agree given a launch in a years time you would expect something. It is possible that it could have been delayed and if so I'm sure Toyota would not want to have a similar situation that they did with the Supra, so it is perhaps more likely that nothing is set in stone.

Maybe the pandemic has pushed it back a bit and once things settle down we'll hear about it. It could also be that they want to push the GR Yaris which is getting all the publicity and marketing at the moment, so they will wait till that is over before muddying the waters with the new GT86/GR86. That would make sense. Especially so with the new GR86 being a Gazoo Racing product. This is big news as it is with the Yaris, so one product launch at a tie is the obvious way to play it.