Sign in to follow this  
Neil-h

Data logging/graphing

Just out of curiosity, what are people using for data logging/graphing with their cars? 

The reason I ask is I’ve had the joy of having borrowed a ECUTEK pro-ECU licence (because Mark@Abbey has been doing some remote mapping for me) for the last week or two and I’ve been playing with the graphing feature for the data logs. Personally I finding viewing them quite interesting as a part of the tuning process but I can see how this would be really useful for track days/racing. Only problem being the pro-ECU kit is around £300 quid and remote mapping isn’t something I see myself doing often. So what are other people using?

ECUTek app. I've tried it on an iPad mini and my iPhone.

I preferred the iPad mini but locating a suitable mounting point was awkward, so I just use my phone when I'm on track or monitoring for reason, otherwise I just let the car do it's thing.

Yeah I’ve been playing with the ECU connect app but it only does real time displays. It doesn’t have the ability to open the log files (like pro ECU does) and analyse them.

Cool, I’ll have a look at that later.

if data analysis is something people would like to see in ECU connect then it maybe worth bunging ECUtek an email. I had a conversation with them about it over the last couple of days and there’s no plan for it at the moment but if enough people express an interest then they may reconsider.

On a side note, are people using the ECUtek Bluetooth module or will it work others? The ECUtek one seems expensive for what it is.

ECU Connect will only work with their dongle. The device itself can be used to flash via USB with a laptop and can do more than the standard OBD Bluetooth devices, plus a better logging rate than you get with standard devices.