Joolz

GT86 Non red powder-coated engine intake manifold/Alcantara dash

Hi All,

I’m looking to get a GT86 January 2021 and nearly bought one last week, but then after family discussion this was curtailed.

My question is I’m looking at a face lift 2017 manual, now I know the first gen and Automatics, even face lift have the plastic D4S cover on then engine intake manifold and plastic dash. But I thought after that all the 2017 models and beyond manual cars got red powered-coated intake manifold and also alcantara dash. Now the 2017 models I have looked at some have no red powdered coated intake manifold, instead it being plastic D4S cover like previous models and a plastic dash.

My question, is there some face lift models from 2016-2017 that did not get red powered coated intake manifold and alcantara dash. Or is this a trim level thing? I know for example some American 2017 face lift GT86’s seem to have previous gen Tachometer and or key start. 

Thanks

e.g car if needed

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-56084479/?i=1&m=srs

The UK and Europe did not get the red aluminium intake manifold, nor the other revisions such as shorter final drive or the 5bhp increase. Ignore the US market stuff, they get lower spec versions in terms of trim. There is no difference between early facelift cars and later ones as far as the UK is concerned. The post facelift cars in the UK did get Alcantara on the dash panels, but it was later on, not in 2017 as the car you used as an example shows. 

See the example here of a later Blue Edition I reviewed with Alcantara on the dash: 

13 minutes ago, Joolz said:

Hi All,

I’m looking to get a GT86 January 2021 and nearly bought one last week, but then after family discussion this was curtailed.

My question is I’m looking at a face lift 2017 manual, now I know the first gen and Automatics, even face lift have the plastic D4S cover on then engine intake manifold and plastic dash. But I thought after that all the 2017 models and beyond manual cars got red powered-coated intake manifold and also alcantara dash. Now the 2017 models I have looked at some have no red powdered coated intake manifold, instead it being plastic D4S cover like previous models and a plastic dash.

My question, is there some face lift models from 2016-2017 that did not get red powered coated intake manifold and alcantara dash. Or is this a trim level thing? I know for example some American 2017 face lift GT86’s seem to have previous gen Tachometer and or key start. 

Thanks

e.g car if needed

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-56084479/?i=1&m=srs

No UK cars got the red intake manifold as UK cars did not get the revised engine found in other markets like the USA. UK facelift cars also didn't get a few other bits like the shorter final drive found on US cars

Wow this news has hit me for six thanks for the replies, it is crazy how they change cars for each market nowadays. Thanks to both of you for clearing this up, I would have been looking all over the place for Red powdered coated intake manifolds.Good to hear our trims are better here in the UK. I guess this means no alcantara dash for me, (Thanks for example Lauren) due to buying a 2017 or 1st gen. Not sure how much of a difference alcantara makes. I take it the UK face lift models have revised suspension and stiffer chassis I guess. I am very surprised we did not get 205 Hp here and final drive though. I wonder if that is for Emisions reasons or something else, like Toyota not brining 2.0 GR Supra to the UK and not bringing 2021 model either.

Red manifold is not cheap. And is not the only one repsonsible for slight perf gains, there was also reworked exhaust header, less resistive airfilter and different ecu tune. Speaking about later, imho most gains come from it .. heard that tuned prerestyle & kouki cars reach similar numbers, just that kouki "starts" stock a bit higher.

So drop-in aftermarket airfilter + ecu tune imho much better price/performancy & gains investment, then trying to buy and retrofit red alu manifold. Too little gains from $500 part.

Cheers again for all the info did not know all of the above regards power gains. I read Lauren’s Review of the GT86 with Alcantara dash, Sachs dampers and Brembos etc. some of the comments are interesting against a MY2017.

1 hour ago, Joolz said:

Wow this news has hit me for six thanks for the replies, it is crazy how they change cars for each market nowadays. Thanks to both of you for clearing this up, I would have been looking all over the place for Red powdered coated intake manifolds.Good to hear our trims are better here in the UK. I guess this means no alcantara dash for me, (Thanks for example Lauren) due to buying a 2017 or 1st gen. Not sure how much of a difference alcantara makes. I take it the UK face lift models have revised suspension and stiffer chassis I guess. I am very surprised we did not get 205 Hp here and final drive though. I wonder if that is for Emisions reasons or something else, like Toyota not brining 2.0 GR Supra to the UK and not bringing 2021 model either.

The reasons Europe and the UK did not get the updates is doubtless due to Euro 6 emission compliance and also our higher speed limits negating the point of a shorter final drive. We did get the revised suspension and reinforced chassis. You can always swap in an Alcantara dash panel if you're that worried about it. It's a small detail really. Don't forget the Brembos and different wheels (to clear them) are a Blue Edition option only. Same is true of the slightly revised Sachs dampers in the 'Performance Pack'. 

My 2017 facelift model has Alcantara dash elements from factory but no red manifold. The dampers were subtly improved also. Has a leather arm rest.

I do like the Alcantara bits. I had to specify the trim level. 

F953675F-E4AA-4F39-9701-4254FB700460.jpeg.ac3948b611bfc40b166d064d91d0c292.jpeg

79FDB5E2-9204-4EE0-A132-F7313EC84346.jpeg

B9570001-E3E5-4618-8D88-3D251D3548E3.jpeg

4 hours ago, choupolo said:

My 2017 facelift model has Alcantara dash elements from factory but no red manifold. The dampers were subtly improved also. Has a leather arm rest.

UK didn't get the red intake ... 

No they did not get red intake manifold this blew my mind. Luckily I did not go looking for ones with it. As shown above no red intake manifold above and in my example. From what Lauren says above is most info I have ever heard of this, so thanks again for her for all this. Choupolo also shared, seems the dash is trim level related which is interesting, especially that you have to pick it.

19 hours ago, choupolo said:

I do like the Alcantara bits. I had to specify the trim level. 

F953675F-E4AA-4F39-9701-4254FB700460.jpeg.ac3948b611bfc40b166d064d91d0c292.jpeg

79FDB5E2-9204-4EE0-A132-F7313EC84346.jpeg

B9570001-E3E5-4618-8D88-3D251D3548E3.jpeg

Thanks for showing Alcantara dash. Very nice like the colour. The front seems not as marmite with a number plate on(looks a lot better). Makes it look less fish or frog like. Some angles I find 2017 face lift looks really good others looks very odd.

7 minutes ago, choupolo said:

It was the ‘pro’ trim that was needed. Also looking again it also provided heated front seats.

Cheers will keep an eye out for the Pro models. That’s a great help for me to distinguish the two models price wise too.