Sign in to follow this  
Kono

Spare keys?

So I only got one set of keys with my GT86 and for obvious reasons would like a back up set....however~ I am yet to find anything outside of the stealership that isn't around £500+ for a spare set. Local car replacement key shop chain (i forgot the name) wont touch it and will only make the ignition/door key, not the electric sides which given its a push to start, is 100% useless. I get its not exactly a house key that can be cut but surely somewhere does replacement keys that doesn't require me to sacrifice my first born's soul?

Any ideas?

I was also wondering if I could get a second one. Mine is a bit different since I have changed my 86 to JDM brz. And it came with only one like this on the photo.

DSC_0008.JPG

11 hours ago, Lauren said:

Have you actually got a quote from Toyota? 

£580 they gave me over the phone, they said it could differ depending on which dealership I actually decide to use (I'm near 3)

I would check out a few dealers then as I doubt there are very many other options. You'll have to get the fob from Toyota anyway. In person you may be able to negotiate the price down a little. 

Unfortunately probably the going rate for a modern key :(
I was quoted £450 for a new OEM fob and programming on my old Boxster, and that was just a old style fob.