Rexer200

Replacement for Ohlins R&T

Oh, interesting. I haven't heard so far much experiences with new kit +50Nm springs, mostly about original MI20 with 60Nm ones and new, with much softer.

Please report more details on both daily driving & track, both comfort & handling (and how does it feel on both smaller potholes and eg. when hitting track curbs, and on what tires you drive).

A bit more detail. I’ve tried the 50 N mm rear springs on two sets of tyres I have both on 18 x 8” rims. They are Yoko AD08R 235/40 and Toyo R888R 225/40 and although the R888Rs have  stiffer sidewalls they allow the suspension.to work well still. Even down my local very bumpy B Road they have enough suspension travel and they haven’t bottomed out at the rear. I’m running the dampers at the rear on 22 clicks from full hard out of a total of 30 clicks so they ride even over potholes and smaller ridges is still very good. I went for the standard 20 mm preload on the 50. N mm springs.

I have my first track day after lockdown next Tuesday at Brands so I’ll let you know how it goes then 

I purchased the MP21 kit in March last year with the 40/30 springs.  Likewise, I felt they were too soft for the track, but I got along with them on the road as long as you left the damping reasonably soft.  I too have spun off on track a couple of times when I have upped the damping rate and am contemplating going for the 50/50 springs. 

I opted for Raceseng front adjustable top mounts and left the rears on OE.  I am getting quite a pronounced clunk at the front now at slow speed over rough surfaces. It looks like the top mount bearings need replacing which I am surprised about. I have done 2 track days and covered about 7k miles.   I won’t 100% know for sure until they come off and am really hoping the struts are not the issue!  They did produce a bad batch in 2018 which a few had QC issues with.  Initial investigation is that all other suspension components are all good, nothing is loose on the damper and the top nut is tight. The sound does appear to be coming from the mounts and they have always 'clicked' at low speed but that has now definately turned into a clunk!

Raceseng offer a three-year warranty so they have offered to send me out a set of bearings as soon as a new production run is complete.  Ohlins own front top mounts should be turning up today so if the mounts are at fault, I at least don’t have to go back to putting the stock dampers and springs back on.

I am currently a little lower than Ohlins advise so after listening to your experience I might just plum for the 50N/mm springs and set the standard preload at the instructed Ohlins advice drop height.  £235 for four springs sounds reasonable. 

You say you have 30 clicks of adjustment on yours.  Thats 10 more than I have?

3 hours ago, Booboo said:

I purchased the MP21 kit in March last year with the 40/30 springs.  Likewise, I felt they were too soft for the track, but I got along with them on the road as long as you left the damping reasonably soft.  I too have spun off on track a couple of times when I have upped the damping rate and am contemplating going for the 50/50 springs. 

I opted for Raceseng front adjustable top mounts and left the rears on OE.  I am getting quite a pronounced clunk at the front now at slow speed over rough surfaces. It looks like the top mount bearings need replacing which I am surprised about. I have done 2 track days and covered about 7k miles.   I won’t 100% know for sure until they come off and am really hoping the struts are not the issue!  They did produce a bad batch in 2018 which a few had QC issues with.  Initial investigation is that all other suspension components are all good, nothing is loose on the damper and the top nut is tight. The sound does appear to be coming from the mounts and they have always 'clicked' at low speed but that has now definately turned into a clunk!

Raceseng offer a three-year warranty so they have offered to send me out a set of bearings as soon as a new production run is complete.  Ohlins own front top mounts should be turning up today so if the mounts are at fault, I at least don’t have to go back to putting the stock dampers and springs back on.

I am currently a little lower than Ohlins advise so after listening to your experience I might just plum for the 50N/mm springs and set the standard preload at the instructed Ohlins advice drop height.  £235 for four springs sounds reasonable. 

You say you have 30 clicks of adjustment on yours.  Thats 10 more than I have?

I’m very happy with the suspension now that the alignment is setup together with the 50/50 Ohlins springs and the Ohlins top mounts. This is how it should’ve been, Ohlins messed up when they offered the lower rate springs IMHO.

Ride comfort is great on the 50’s too better than on the 40/30 softer springs as I can run the dampers softer on the road.

And yes my rear dampers at least have 30 clicks total