Sleazyboii

USDM / JDM Parts

Hello, 

Has anyone had any experience or sources for getting JDM / UDSM parts? 

I'm after the facelift (Kouki) 2017 GT86 bumper fog light blanks, the only ones available in this country are the fog light surrounds with the cut out for the fog, however i'd like to get my hand on the blank without the fog. 

I'm sure they're available on JDM models however i do primarily see the on the USDM models any info would be great. 

See the image below. 

2017_Toyota_86_002_D12251168D759247F6395FC10C00EC8045C0407F.jpg

For JDM parts i have used www.japanparts.com, www.amayama.com, www.nengun.com. For US parts (mostly aftermarket ones), usually got from ft86speedfactory.com. I usually find part number and then start googling around, as to where to get it from closest & cheapest. Not always shipping from US/JP is cheaper, as overseas shipping is costly for bigger/heavier items, and there are importing fees & VAT to add up. Sometimes for smaller/cheaper bits i even have bought at dealership, if not wishing to bother much for small saving.

Mind you, these days there might be problems with many foreign stores, due all this Corona thingie affecting shipping services, making them longer and costing much more. For example, many japanese shops cannot ship anymore with "normal" JP post, so have to use eg. fedex/ups and alikes, which makes it more expensive.

I know of japanparts.com, tried there couldn't find what i'm after. I've found nengun looks attractive when i see the prices, however when you get into it doesn't work out much cheaper. 

I think i've looked on Amayama before, however wasn't too sure on it. 

Thanks guys just having a browse now on Amayama, i think i've found the part 52127D Right side and 52128C Left side. 

However looking at it can't see an option to buy it haha. 

I have mostly good experiences about them, but now one may experience issues i noted, covid caused shipping delays and usable/available shipping means and costs. For example - i did two orders right before japan post suspended shipping to my country, on nengun & amayama. nengun simply notified & changed shipping to dhl, with amayama i had to pay extra shipping costs difference for shipping to be done with fedex. Those are issues outside their influence though, so i wouldn't put them at fault for them.

I've used both japanparts and Nengun and would happily recommend either. I had a problem with my Nengun order - absolutely not their fault, but their customer service was excellent.