james_ly

BRZ vs Alpine video

Saw this in my own YouTube they seemed impressed with the handling and speed of the Alpine compared to BRZ but that is to be expected and prices are vastly different great handling examples for both cars though.

I do love the Alpine. Had a really good look at one at a car show, the attention to detail is very cool and I reckon if I had £50K to burn this is a real contender to the Supra. The Alpine has received excellent reviews all round. Think the BRZ stood up well though, uncomplicated and well sorted handling is something to savour I think. :)

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

I reckon if I had £50K to burn this is a real contender to the Supra.

The only reason that I think you'd have a Supra over an A110 is if you're one of those that needs a big straight 6. TBH it'd be between the Cayman vs A110 if it were that money, perhaps an M2 Competition.

About the only our cars should be compared to imho is mx5. Price IS among major car characteristics. It seems totally off mark to compare twins or putting at fault losses in some areas vs car costing twice as much. In that upper class alpine suddenly isn't that much heads above. If anything, imho cayman still is more desirable there.

What this video shown, that Chapman's line of thought of importance of lightness is rather competitive, that A110 is nice driver's car, that it's better car then twins, that in this specific track config their performance might not be that off (and obviously there will be more where underpowered twins will loose by a lot). But i highly doubt that it would be easy to find people that will crosshop new twins vs new alpine, so pointing out areas where twins do worse vs it or in general whole try to compare them in between seems effort wasted for naught. Just yet another car in list to considered alternatives only if buying used vs new twin. There would be less controversy, if this test car had been pitted against other competitors in it's class like in most reviews/tests/roundups, not put against one from other class.

That video makes me want to enjoy my 86 even more. I hear the Nurburgring is open to tourist laps, how do you think I could wangle that as an essential travel trip?