1000 PR

2009 FT-86 Concept

Nice photos great to see this close up in pics. Did it seem much bigger that the GT86? Or of similar proportions?

15 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I really like the look of this. Looks like it's been based off the 2012-16 shape as opposed to the 17+ model, which I fully support.

This was the original concept for the GT86 - it's not based on the GT86, it is a GT86 before it was toned down for production.

I wish they'd offered a colour more like that on the production version, IMHO it's much nicer than the solid red.

ETA: Hadn't realised it was actually sitting in a museum! Always nice to get up close to concept cars.

51 minutes ago, spikyone said:

This was the original concept for the GT86 - it's not based on the GT86, it is a GT86 before it was toned down for production.

I wish they'd offered a colour more like that on the production version, IMHO it's much nicer than the solid red.

ETA: Hadn't realised it was actually sitting in a museum! Always nice to get up close to concept cars.

I completely misread the title! Thought it was a concept made in 2019.

It is absolutely beautiful, its a shame we hardly ever get to see concept cars come to fruition, I feel like this isn't such a drastically hyper-looking car that it would be a problem to manufacture and build...

There are often many cuts done one concept gets to production. In very very rare cases production looks close to concept. Compare for example looks of 2013 concept WRX (especially sides & rear) vs bland something that was made.

That aside, i somewhat like looks of production prerestyle gt86 front more then of this concept. Front of this reminds me more of Peugeot RCZ.

There are often many cuts done one concept gets to production. In very very rare cases production looks close to concept. Compare for example looks of 2013 concept WRX (especially sides & rear) vs bland something that was made.
That aside, i somewhat like looks of production prerestyle gt86 front more then of this concept. Front of this reminds me more of Peugeot RCZ.
That concept looks great.