Sign in to follow this  
Michael Cole

Subaru BRZ 2018 brake kits

I have a Subaru BRZ 2018 and have recently fitted Speedline Turini alloy wheels (8 x18, 5/100 ET48). Can you please advise which brake kit would definitely fit these wheels. I notice that there is a AP Cosworth 6 pot kit available on this forum, would this fit? Could someone please provide a link or specific details. 
On a separate point, would the GT86 mudflaps also fit? I notice there are two variations. Could someone provide a link that would fit or specific details. Thanks

Hi Michael

This kit should definitely fit, it has been designed to fit behind the OEM wheels: https://www.amber-performance.co.uk/product.php?xProd=25282&xSec=8430 

Personally however this the best kit available and most popular, but I can't confirm fitment with your wheels. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-BRZ-Toyota-GT86-330mm-front-brake-kit-with-AP-Racing-4-pot-calipers/254364472322?hash=item3b394dd402:g:7zQAAOSwuGhbwy2Z

It is one of the least aggressive BBK's and does clear most wheels, except the stock ones. Unfortunately those Speedlines have a really high offset so it's hard to say, you could however run a 5mm spacer which will help clear the wheel or if you don't want to run a spacer the rotor hats are custom made so they can make them thicker to have a built in spacer so to speak.

I can confirm that the Reyland kit fits under 18x7.5 ET46 Aero wheels with no problem. 

It also fits under the STI space saver wheel too. 

Shouldn't have problems undner 18x8"

I have the Reylands and they clear my Prodrives (17x7.5J, ET48) without spacers.

On that basis I imagine they should be ok with 8.0J wheels with the same offset.

67B6AB86-F8D5-4E8F-91C6-CF45FEF1CA57.jpeg