SiCaln

Long term lurker and saver

Hey guys,

Been a fan of this forum and especially the car since release, currently saving up for one of them...the TRD 14R to be precise, gotta few kinks to figure out - namely the 10 year registration issue and having the money saved for the car.

But just wanted to make my presence known as i have a stupid amount of parts stored up waiting for it, even if it is 2025/6! Not gonna go the finance way, just saving and stashing but just wanted to show my face as it were and enjoy the journey.

Thanks for reading if you did and hope the post is ok!

Welcome from the shadows! 

What is this 10 year registration issue just out of interest? I'm not sure why an IVA test would be an issue? Sure a mph speedo and rear foglight will be needed, but other than that you should be okay.

I guess it will time to find a 14R given how rare they are and will be interesting to see for what kind of price in 10 years time. 

Oh i have found a few, even found a wrecker that i was gonna rebuild! But couldn't justify the cost. They are currently around the 19-20k mark, so time will tell - the saving is going ok, its just car cost plus tax etc.

Hi Lauren, the prob is because it is made for one market ie Japan, they remove the international validation, that compassed with changing the exhaust means that when de-registered it leaves a few boxes unticked for the import sheet, so work has to be done to get it back to spec then to have an IVA, the spoiler would need to be removed/new bootlid etc.

Have a matching rear fog ready to go, also have a UK cluster to pop in, so that should be easy enough to work out.

Its ok, the time is making them cheaper and getting me a good knowledge of mods I want to do, plus have sooo many parts stock piled already, can add if interested!

Yeah, going to try that, revert it to UK spec if necessary.

I should have really added hoarder to the title, this is what i have in storage.

Exterior
TRD Side decal
TRD Bonnet decal
TRD Rear side spoiler
TRD Canards
TRD Aero stabilising cover
TRD Door handle protectors
Subaru BRZ 2017+ rear arch fin
Matt Black Toyota badges
TOM’s Rear lights
Tap-Turn light relay

Interior
TRD Shift knob
TRD Boot set
TRD Steering wheel
TRD Interior panel set
Toyota OEM Armrest
Subaru Auto-dimming mirror
Subaru Auto-fold door mirror module
Subaru Stereo surround
2017+ Black traction control buttons
Subaru 2017+ Alcantara gauge hood
P3 Vent gauge
Grazio & Co. USB Charger
GCS Door Hinge Covers
Door Bolt covers
Perrin boot handle

Misc
TRD Keyring
TRD Emblem
Subaru 400-500Hz horns
Toyota oil filter removal tool
JDM flare replacement
Private plate - TRD 14R

Engine
TRD Radiator cap
TRD Petrol cap
TRD Oil cap
TRD Battery clamp
TRD Cold air intake
TRD Oil filter x3
TRD Oil filter change sticker
TRD Engine mounts

Trans
TRD Quick-shift kit
TRD Gearbox mounts
MTEC Shift & Clutch springs
MTEC Clutch line

Handling
TRD Front strut brace
Laile BMCS
SuperPro steering bushes

UK Conversion
UK indicator stalk
UK mph/kph switch
UK gauge cluster
Rear fog light

Ordered:

Suzuki Jimny JB23W rear fog light - 36250-74F0 (bumper light for 14r, so I can match a rear fog and reverse light in there)

That is a lot of parts. I'm not sure the Subaru mirror if it is a BRZ one is auto dimming and the frameless Toyota one is much nicer looking.

Please take this with a pinch of salt but given these cars are so rare, I'd love to see one that is just as it came out of the factory. No additional bits, only the TRD bits that it comes with, as it already comes with the TRD seats and steering wheel and all that. Adding things like an armrest when the stitching colour won't match may look out of place. 

I'm just fascinated to see a rare car as it is without any other additions. I would just add rear fog for the MOT then remove it afterwards, used to do this with my old AE86 to keep it more authentic. I love to check out all the specification differences and not muddy it with owner added extras. This car has a lot already after all. Obviously your car when you get and your choice of course. 

Having come from an mx5 and loving the auto-dimming mirror I am trying to make this the car that I want.

No you are thinking of the 14r60, that is too much of an animal, you would never get that through an IVA, well not before 10 years, i am talking about the 14r street version

this is the 14r60

track-f.jpg

track-r.jpg

this is the 14r

street-f.jpg

street-r.jpg

Far more like the UK version but with some nice touches, the brakes and wings are optional on the 14r.