Whizo

GT86 Dreams

Hi all.

I have been on this forum for not very long but already learnt so much.  The dream is to buy a GT86 very soon.  Looking for one in pearlescent white.  I already have an idea of the mods that I would like to do to the car.  I will list these below.  I have owned and loved many many cars during my life, to name but a few, endless Subaru's, Lotus Elise, Focus RS, MR2, Range Rover Evoque, Audi A3, Corsa VXR, etc.  However, at the moment I am without any car, due to personal circumstances, and my wife.

Long story short, my wife, with whom I am now separated from, decided to max out all my credit cards and pretty much empty out my business bank account.  I trusted her, as any man would with his wife.  But I got taken for a mug.  I had no choice but to declare myself bankrupt almost a year ago.  I did have a beautiful Audi and even though I was keeping up with payments and never missed one the car was repossessed because in the finance agreement it stated that if you declare bankruptcy you void your contract.  I did not know this and I was assured by my insolvency officer that my car would not be taken since I needed it for work.  Well that was not the case and I was left with no car. 

I am hoping to scrape together as much money as possible and get a 2012-2014 GT86 for around £10-11K.  At the moment I am still a few months away from saving up enough money.  Once I do get the car I am looking for I am hoping to carry out some, if not all of the following mods.

- Change exhaust, Cobra/Nvida or TD cat back and maybe UEL headers
- New bigger wheels and change tyres
- Change front and rear lights
- Kein lowering springs or maybe coilovers
- Fit an arm rest, if one is not already fitted
- De-badge rear
- Install skirts and lip spoiler
- Carbon wrap the door mirrors, skirts, lip spoiler and rear diffuser

And maybe a few extra bits as I go along.  So there you have it guys, watch this space I guess. Thanks for reading.

Sorry to hear about your life problems and hope you can leave them behind you at some point. A GT86 will raise a smile and help the curing process, I'm sure.

Keep us informed and let us know what you're considering buying when the time comes.

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

As a divorced car lover I know what you're going through. I've been paying alimony for the b!tch for 9 years already. Still 3 years to go. Dutch law regarding divorce is medieval. 😠

However, last September I bought my dream car, a '17 GT86, which she'll never get to drive. 😈

Good luck with saving up. The GT will not disappoint or cost much to maintain. You might be lucky if you buy from a forum member that some of your mods might come with the car. Manifold, tune and catback exhaust are common mods.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Jay said:

As a divorced car lover I know what you're going through. I've been paying alimony for the b!tch for 9 years already. Still 3 years to go. Dutch law regarding divorce is medieval. 😠

However, last September I bought my dream car, a '17 GT86, which she'll never get to drive. 😈

The best thing about being bankrupt is that she won’t ever see a penny from me.  So she’s not going to ever benefit financially.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:37 AM, BRZ-123 said:

Good luck with saving up. The GT will not disappoint or cost much to maintain. You might be lucky if you buy from a forum member that some of your mods might come with the car. Manifold, tune and catback exhaust are common mods.

Sent from my SM-G970F using 

1 hour ago, Whizo said:

So I may have to get finance in my brothers name as well as put the car in his name.  I have to put the car in his name because under bankruptcy rules I am not supposed to own anything of any value and if I do I can be forced to sell it.  So have to play it smart.  

Um, this is not how to 'play it smart'.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:59 PM, Whizo said:

My brother is the only person I trust so what else do you suggest?

Waiting.

What you're considering is illegal, would void your insurance, and could see either/both of you charged with fraud if discovered. Read the small print.

7 minutes ago, Adamd said:

Waiting.

What you're considering is illegal, would void your insurance, and could see either/both of you charged with fraud if discovered. Read the small print.

Thanks for the legal advice, I’ll take my chances.

Good luck saving up your mods sound good. Time will fly being in Lockdown etc. I’m getting a GT86 in January coming from a 2004 Facelift Celica. You’ll get a nice one from 10k-12k I’m still undecided on Facelift GT86 or not.

Thanks Joolz, I’ve got my eye on a few.  What I have noticed is that some dealers have increased the price of their cars by £1,000-1,500 overnight since the Government announced that car showrooms could reopen on June 1st.  

So some of the cars that I could afford are now out of reach.  I have contacted these dealers about this and I am waiting for a reply.

Ah don’t say that. I could believe it too as they were desperate to sell cars before but now less so I guess, if dealerships re open. Hope you get the deal you want that would be annoying if they jack up prices.

I think they’re still gonna struggle to be honest to sell as car market is a right state, I just enquired about two Face lifts on Toyota chat about finance etc, and both dealerships are all over me, but I want them to send the car to another Toyota dealership. I’m hoping for desposit £1,600 and Finance £180-£200 an month which is currently possible and APR is non existent at this moment being very low. Not sure if this due to GR 86 coming or 2017 model tax years I’m looking at or something else.