Red One

A Flash On The Dash!

Apologies if there is an answer to this somewhere but if there is - I can't find it.

I have a light within the rev counter that has started flashing constantly whenever the ignition is switched off. And it never used to!

The one showing a car and padlock. I guess something to do with the security of the vehicle. There is an audible bleep alternate with the flashing icon.

I have read that it may be something to do with the battery in the key fob. I replaced the battery in both fobs about 6 weeks ago and the key icon is green when ignition is on, not yellow.

Light starts flashing as soon as the engine is turned off together with bleeping. I can get out of the car, lock it with the key fob but the light continues to flash. Returned to car 12+ hours later and light is still flashing. But it never used to! How can I stop it flashing? 

Anyone any ideas?  😷

I have the lights set to 'auto'. I have turned them to 'off' to see if that makes any difference but it doesn't.

What i will say is that i sat in the car when checking the lights and closed the door. That solved one problem. The bleeping stopped!(idiot!).    So reference to my original post - the bleeping is not an issue.

Starts as sweet as anything but as soon as the ignition is switched off that light starts flashing. And it never used to. 🤬😷

Hi Lauren

I know I have sat in the car previously with no ignition on and there has been no lights flashing. Which begs the question - is it possible to dis-arm the immobiliser so that the flashing would stop? If so then that is obviously the mode the car has been in up to now. 

7 hours ago, Red One said:

Hi Lauren

I know I have sat in the car previously with no ignition on and there has been no lights flashing. Which begs the question - is it possible to dis-arm the immobiliser so that the flashing would stop? If so then that is obviously the mode the car has been in up to now. 

It's supposed to do it, so that thieves can see it's got an immobiliser. Mines always done it. It will do it after a time out after the ignition is turned off. I am pretty sure you would invalidate your insurance if you disarmed the immoboliser, it is there there to prevent your car being stolen. Not sure why you would worry about a flashing light. There is another  by the boot release for the alarm. 

It shouldn't bleep at you, unless you have a door open. Maybe look up the alarm codes for the keypad? 

Toyota/Subaru love their beeps: ignition on while door is open, key battery low, engaging reverse sensors, seat belt not on in occupied seat... I'm sure there's more I haven't heard yet!

Not withstanding the annoying "I'm not going to lock until you wiggle my bonnet-closed sensor" beep beep beep. At least it doesn't beep near the redline like the RX8 did...