Quantum

HELLO! I've bought my first car!

Hi all,

I've just put a deposit down on a beautiful orange GT86. I've been on the lookout for a car for a while and I've had a rollercoaster of an experience.
So I had 2 cars lined up one weekend, an orange 86 with black trim for the roof of the car, wheels and windmirrors. Very nice car but slightly high miles (72k). I phoned up Friday to reserve the car and it turned out that someone had put a deposit on the car and made the purchase that evening.
Fine, not a problem, there was modified blue GT86 I was to be seeing that Sunday. On Saturday I get a notification on Facebook that the listing has been removed....hmmm. I message the lad and unfortunately the poor fella has been in an accident and written off the car :(
Thankfully nobody was injured and he's okay which is good news.

I have now been able to purchase a 2016 orange GT86 with 54k miles on the clock, single owner for £11.9k. Very happy with my purchase and can't wait to pick it up!

I've been driving my dad's Audi A1 and been wanting my first car for a while. I've got a lot of plans for modifications!

Anyway, just wanted to post here and say hi to all!

That's awesome.

First step is some smoked valenti's in the back - that I'll do from day 1. Then I was looking to put some new wheels and tyres on, for wheels I'm looking at F1R F29's in double black at 18x9.5. I do have a worry that they might scrape though with stock suspension (unfortunately I can't change suspension as it would kill my insurance premium). On those wheels, I'd be looking to put some Eagle F1's 245/35 tyres.

According to this youtube video they should fit fine with stock fitment but I'll need to check in with a mechanic (or you!) if that would actually work.

Little bit later on down the line, would be looking to put in an Invidia N2 exhaust and swap out the front headlights for Vland's.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:02 PM, Quantum said:

That's awesome.

First step is some smoked valenti's in the back - that I'll do from day 1. Then I was looking to put some new wheels and tyres on, for wheels I'm looking at F1R F29's in double black at 18x9.5. I do have a worry that they might scrape though with stock suspension (unfortunately I can't change suspension as it would kill my insurance premium). On those wheels, I'd be looking to put some Eagle F1's 245/35 tyres.

According to this youtube video they should fit fine with stock fitment but I'll need to check in with a mechanic (or you!) if that would actually work.

Little bit later on down the line, would be looking to put in an Invidia N2 exhaust and swap out the front headlights for Vland's.

Hi.

If you ever need any help with insurance for modifications at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.