Lauren

GR Yaris who's going for it?

Read the pistonheads article at lunch time today. They seem to love it.

Going to make time to watch some of the video reviews at some point. Hopefully Mr Harris or Catchpole will appear with a review soon :D

^^ looks lovely in orange in the video still above :wub:

2 hours ago, gavin_t said:

Read the pistonheads article at lunch time today. They seem to love it.

Going to make time to watch some of the video reviews at some point. Hopefully Mr Harris or Catchpole will appear with a review soon :D

^^ looks lovely in orange in the video still above :wub:

That's red, or Scarlet Flare. I'm not a fan of that colour, though many seem to love it. Thankfully they are not selling it in orange. 😂 GR colours only of course.

Everyone seems to love it if you read/watch all the reviews. EVO 5 star car? Yes please. We all know how fussy EVO are when they review. 

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

It definitely does have a look of a pumped up Aygo to it.

I love the idea of the car, it sounds like it drives amazingly but I have to say I'm not 100% sold on the looks.

I honestly don't think it looks anything like that Aygo. Mind you I have been looking at the GR Yaris probably a lot more keenly than you have and I have seen one in the flesh. The arches are very boxy on the Yaris like the Ur Quattro/Integrale etcetera on the Yaris whereas the Aygo is just round arch extensions. I think it's a lot fresher looking than that Aygo. I would also add that you have to get used to how a new car looks. Personally I love it as it looks every inch the rally refugee (which it is of course). :)

21 hours ago, Lauren said:

That's red, or Scarlet Flare. I'm not a fan of that colour, though many seem to love it. Thankfully they are not selling it in orange. 😂 GR colours only of course.

Everyone seems to love it if you read/watch all the reviews. EVO 5 star car? Yes please. We all know how fussy EVO are when they review. 

Ah yes I watched a couple of video reviews last night and they said its those colours only as you say.

Must be my dodgy NHS monitor at work :lol:

Personally I quite like red, although the white mates the lines and features more prominent.

@Lauren you keeping on the white theme?

Only bit of styling I am not 100% on is the rear wheel arch flares but I reckon its probably something that looks a lot better in person. The rest of the looks especially the front is B)

I see Chris Harris just posted a picture of one on a country road saying "sensational little scamp and shames modern super cars"

So assume he likes it and hopefully has a video review on the way :D

I've gone for pure white (040) with Circuit Pack. Decided to give pearlescent white a miss this time. I really like the rear arches, they are huge, they make a fairly good seat! 

Everyone loves it, but it seems to be taking forever. There I was thinking 5 sleeps to go and now it's 18. Gutted! 

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I've gone for pure white (040) with Circuit Pack. Decided to give pearlescent white a miss this time. I really like the rear arches, they are huge, they make a fairly good seat! 

Everyone loves it, but it seems to be taking forever. There I was thinking 5 sleeps to go and now it's 18. Gutted! 

Good choice, circuit pack is a must obviously. Shame you can't spec both packs really in my opinion.

Didn't realise there was two options on the white. I think flat white probably suits the car better.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. Will be a nice exclusive car too as I doubt even with all the raving reviews they will sell too many. But then as they are not been built on mass and not for profit I shouldn't think that really matters. Nice to have something exclusive that will also hold value and command the future classic tag line.

2 hours ago, gavin_t said:

Ah yes I watched a couple of video reviews last night and they said its those colours only as you say.

Must be my dodgy NHS monitor at work :lol:

Personally I quite like red, although the white mates the lines and features more prominent.

@Lauren you keeping on the white theme?

Only bit of styling I am not 100% on is the rear wheel arch flares but I reckon its probably something that looks a lot better in person. The rest of the looks especially the front is B)

I see Chris Harris just posted a picture of one on a country road saying "sensational little scamp and shames modern super cars"

So assume he likes it and hopefully has a video review on the way :D

He's described it as "the best new car I've driven this year" and a "little slice of genius" on Twitter.  Fair to say he likes it.  This lockdown needs to hurry up and end, I really want to test drive one!

That looked impressive. An 86 would have been all over the place in the same conditions lol

Hats off to the driver as judging by the tyre noise they were on the limit of traction around most of that lol