Lauren

GR Yaris who's going for it?

22 hours ago, Lauren said:

What a relief, it can do doughnuts! 😂

Doesn't sound too bad either. :)

https://youtu.be/bHoN-3TArLQ

Well I wish I had not watched that video!

Fat arches, pillarless doors, that shape...............................lovely lovely lovely!!!

And that is just looking at it. Sounds good in another video too!   Now where is my piggy bank?

2 hours ago, GT86-Ian said:

I'm not normally a fan of red but this looks quite nice.

Yes Ian.  It was the colour that made me look closer.  I think I must have got so used to the white image (which does look nice too) that the red was a nice change. I can just imagine a black one sat next to the GT...................................maybe as a replacement for our IQ 😲

11 hours ago, knightryder said:

Interesting......

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/toyota-scraps-development-of-new-2021-yaris-wrc/

So this is the homologation of a car that will never race...... 😂 It's a shame really, but understandable given the circumstances.

Yes, saw that yesterday. :(

I am fairly certain that it will be used in WRC in hybrid form for 2022 anyway.  It will compete as it's made for the R5 regs with the 3 cylinder engine, so Toyota will be supplying teams to run it in WRC 2 etcetera. Dissappointing I can't see it in WRC next year though, will have to wait another year. 

Possibly no sat nav or heated seats on uk cars ?

" Is it true you cant get a sat nav and heated seats on the uk spec gr4 car? Your blog doesnt list them, and doesnt offer any options to add them. But the Euro and jap spec cars do."

Hi  Getting the specification right for different markets is a challenge, and to make the car as competitive as we can given UK market conditions, we have to balance list price and equipment levels. We're sorry you are disappointed by the car's spec. We're always looking to improve our product offering, and as usual, we'll take all customer feedback onboard. Thank you.

I also note that the GR4 UK tour is missing a lot of dealerships. Notably any of my local ones, one of which is a big main dealer. I see that RRG Macc is also not on the list. Very odd.

Edit - RRG now seems to have been added.

15 hours ago, knightryder said:

I also note that the GR4 UK tour is missing a lot of dealerships. Notably any of my local ones, one of which is a big main dealer. I see that RRG Macc is also not on the list. Very odd.

Edit - RRG now seems to have been added.

I'm seeing one at RRG Macc' on the 11th September. It wasn't on the list, but is now. When I told Richard I had been offered Stockport RRG, he put a complaint in and got the car to Macc for the day. 🤣

@GT86-Ian None of them have sat nav as they have Car Play, which is far preferable anyway. There is a big commotion over the lack of heated seats, JBL, HUD. There has even been a petition submitted to Toyota UK about it. Personally I really want heated seats even if it costs more. The JDM version gets every option, the Euro versions get a lot less, but still far more than the UK version. 

Good to hear Richard was able to pull some strings and get the car for the day, its a great looking car. I'm not sure whats going on with Toyota and the lack of options on all its sports cars. I want the choice of different wheels, seat fabrics,heated seats ect.

I received a notification on Friday night telling me my car is being built! 

I'm just a little bit excited. :)

In other news, got an email from RRG telling me they will have a demo car in for the beginning of November, so I will be first behind the wheel. I really hope it's as good as it looks! 

40E792F8-7794-47F3-9FC6-EFF29A5CAC7B_1_105_c.jpeg

Lovely to see Lauren. There is something special and a bit of an unknown in buying a car based on spec sheets and adverts. This is what makes it exciting. Coupled with the fact that you might be one of the first few to have the production car, is a delight.

I remember Subaru make in Gunma Prefecture. Is Prefecture a factory or something in Japanese?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BRZ-123 said:

I remember Subaru make in Gunma Prefecture. Is Prefecture a factory or something in Japanese?

A prefecture is a bit like a county, or perhaps the City of London, in that it has quite a lot of local governance ("office of the prefect"), but defers to the elected national government.

In the UK we're accustomed to factories and shipyards and whatnot being associated with cities rather than counties, but I believe (perhaps wrongly) that the Japanese have more regional pride than the Brits.

2 hours ago, nerdstrike said:

A prefecture is a bit like a county, or perhaps the City of London, in that it has quite a lot of local governance ("office of the prefect"), but defers to the elected national government.

In the UK we're accustomed to factories and shipyards and whatnot being associated with cities rather than counties, but I believe (perhaps wrongly) that the Japanese have more regional pride than the Brits.

Yep, a prefecture is basically a region really. I have been to the GT86/BRZ Subaru factory in Maebashi, Gunma Prefecture for a tour back in 2014. 

My GR Yaris is a Toyota only affair which is a very good thing in my mind, built in Motomachi Factory, Toyota City. What is interesting is that there is a lot of hand assembly with the GR Yaris apparently taking 10 days to complete compared with around 15 hours start to finish including testing etcetera for a regular car.  Some engine parts being hand finished as well as the Takumi (Japanese for master) technician who puts their name to it. The forged carbon roof is hand fitted and the 200 extra weld points are done by hand for extra chassis stiffening. 

This vid is an interesting watch showing much CEO 'Morizo' has been involved with the car: 

5 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

The ones going to Australia have already been Sold emoji50.png , they not expecting to see the car until some time next year emoji50.png

This is because they discounted the first 1000 by 10K AUS dollars! I wish they'd done that here! 

Which version did you go for, base , convenience or circuit? And will it be a Christmas gift aka in time for it?

If one talks of a rally car and wrc , there is no one better than a Subaru ( haha) Colin Marie, Richard Burns, Petter Solberg et al. Toyota could have benefitted from the partnership immensely.

26 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

Which version did you go for, base , convenience or circuit? And will it be a Christmas gift aka in time for it?

If one talks of a rally car and wrc , there is no one better than a Subaru ( haha) Colin Marie, Richard Burns, Petter Solberg et al. Toyota could have benefitted from the partnership immensely. emoji1.png

Circuit Pack of course. ;)

It's nothing to do with Xmas really, hoping for end of November for delivery. Whilst I was at the Subaru factory in Maebashi, they had Richard Burn's Prodrive WRX WRC car there. I pointed out that it was built in England, which they found funny. :)