likaito

New Owner - Red Primo 86! :)

Hi guys, so I've been reading the SH*T out of this forum and it has been an absolute game changer, learnt so much about the car. So I thought it was time to say hi!

My name is Kai and I bought a stock red Primo 86 ( yes primo!) just over 2 months ago. A bit about myself, I'm 22 and based in Norwich working as a graduate engineer at Lotus.

As hard as I tried to leave it stock for a few months, I've been hooked to modding already. So far I've done cheap/simple mods:

• 18 inch ET35 RS style wheels
  • Smoked sequential tail lights
  • white LED interior and license plate lights
  • Carbon effect (lol) lip spoiler
  • Blacked out badges
  • Window louvres
  • Berk dual exit muffler delete
  • TD 2nd cat delete (yes its feckin loud and asbo but i love it, sorry neighbors)

The plans for the near future are:

• ht autos lip kit
  • lowering springs (like i said, being young i want to save as much money as  possible so couldnt justify coilovers!)
  • New tyres - PS4s
  • TD NA package near black friday deals!

Hopefully i can make it to Japfest for the first time and I look forward to meeting some of you! :) have a good one

20200301_095602.jpg

Hi, erm you didn't mention the wheels, what are those? They look good, black against the red. Being a Lotus engineer seems like fun. Perhaps you can add some Colin Chapman ethos into the 86.

6 minutes ago, BRZ-123 said:

Great choice. Well done and get us offers for Lotus at a discount emoji38.png
The wheels look nice and are not OEM clearly but not listed.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Maybe I could suggest a 86/brz discount for a track day around the Lotus circuit  ;) yup forgot wheels!  

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, erm you didn't mention the wheels, what are those? They look good, black against the red. Being a Lotus engineer seems like fun. Perhaps you can add some Colin Chapman ethos into the 86.

Yup forgot about them! They are 18 inch RS style wheels ET35 5x100. had nothing to cover the centre so slapped some toyota badges i had spare 😅

Hmm shall i suggest a Lotus/86/brz collaboration? that would be one heck of a car... 😍

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard, not many Primo models around, think only 31 were sold! :)

Thank you Lauren ☺️ really! wow i knew they were uncommon but i didnt realise they were THAT uncommon! I The one reason why i prefer it is purely for the key ignition start. Just really satisfying compared to a push to start on my 1 series i had before, especially with a loud exhaust 😋

I like the rs style wheels. Had considered them for mine at some point. Angelina has a red primo model that does looks very cool with its simpler designed headlights and key start. Means you get a bigger storage pocket for your phone as well. 

18 hours ago, likaito said:

Thank you Lauren ☺️ really! wow i knew they were uncommon but i didnt realise they were THAT uncommon! I The one reason why i prefer it is purely for the key ignition start. Just really satisfying compared to a push to start on my 1 series i had before, especially with a loud exhaust 😋

Fair play. Only real downside  if you're not bothered by less fancy trim, is the smaller brakes. I had the equivalent of a Primo in Japan (GT Limited) and set the brakes on fire on the touge! YMMV of course! ;)

7 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Fair play. Only real downside  if you're not bothered by less fancy trim, is the smaller brakes. I had the equivalent of a Primo in Japan (GT Limited) and set the brakes on fire on the touge! YMMV of course! ;)

jeez 😅 luckily i dont plan to track mine for a while until I can afford better brakes so they are perfectly fine for now. If i manage to set them on fire during my daily commute I deserve to lose my license!

5 minutes ago, Delirious_ said:

I was behind you at Thickthorn/ A11 a couple of weeks ago... your car did sound good under the A47 fly-over 😉

Ahhh yes I was wondering if you were on this forum haha, thanks a lot 😊 your aero kit just makes the car look so much better, was looking at my rear view mirror the whole time! I swear I waved at you at the round about on sir alfred munnings road, you live in that cul de sac too?

10 minutes ago, likaito said:

Ahhh yes I was wondering if you were on this forum haha, thanks a lot 😊 your aero kit just makes the car look so much better, was looking at my rear view mirror the whole time! I swear I waved at you at the round about on sir alfred munnings road, you live in that cul de sac too?

Haha thanks. Yeah, I'm up there 😄

1 hour ago, Delirious_ said:

Haha thanks. Yeah, I'm up there 😄

Do you know if there are many car meets/events in this area? only been here 5 months. I know there are a load of brz/86's at work, must be at least 6 not including me.

Another primo owner here. Actually moving to Norfolk the next couple of months . Had td na package. Got PS4s all round. Tracked her at Bedford 2 weeks ago. Great car . The only bonus for the primo is no keyless entry f48cb790c7e97c0d0a9c5523189aa6a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Angelina said:

Another primo owner hereemoji1360.png. Actually moving to Norfolk the next couple of months emoji1360.png. Had td na package. Got PS4s all round. Tracked her at Bedford 2 weeks ago. Great car emoji7.png. The only bonus for the primo is no keyless entry emoji1360.pngf48cb790c7e97c0d0a9c5523189aa6a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh really? Nice one :) look forward to meeting some other owners in the Norfolk area! Damn your car really is track ready haha

Oh really? Nice one look forward to meeting some other owners in the Norfolk area! Damn your car really is track ready haha

Totally stock apart from td na package, tyres, brake pad and fluid . Thank you. Will be at Japfest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk