willclarke

Track mode on pre facelift?

Is there a way to 'remap' the pre facelift Gt86 with the track mode traction control setting which comes with the facelift? Seen Abbey have done some custom work on this but is there a straightforward 'flash'?

*awaits the comments of being able to drive properly with the tc off.... *

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff at @Church. One thing I would say though, is that it's not hugely different from Sport mode on the earlier cars. A little more slip is allowed, but it's more of a tweak than a massive difference. This is just my experience when I tried it when I reviewed the MY 2017 car. 

The most interesting thing about that discussion for me was being able to retrofit the later gauge cluster.  I'm not bothered about showing G force, but temperature readouts - and I guess fuel tank range? - in the dash would be nice.

45 minutes ago, spikyone said:

The most interesting thing about that discussion for me was being able to retrofit the later gauge cluster.  I'm not bothered about showing G force, but temperature readouts - and I guess fuel tank range? - in the dash would be nice.

You can use torque to show these on an Android headunit too

52 minutes ago, spikyone said:

You can't see the g force unless stationary anyway ... waste of time ... 

As for retrofitting instrument gauges themselves, IIRC one had to repin harness, reprogram odometer mileage (stored in this) and add switches to operate this cluster (normally with restyle's buttons on steering wheel). Imho too much hassle, even if one gets cluster itself for reasonable price (probably used from totaled MY2017 car). Pre-restyle dash with digital speedo imho is already good enough. If anything, i'd wish also oil temp gauge, but just for that alone extra hassle & spendings seem not worth enough.

Track mode retrofit from another hand in my eyes has more desirability, don't know habits of others, but VSC sport is what i'm driving mine 95% of time (trc long press or pedal dance only on track), and if track mode as per reviews is of a bit better chosen compromise (have never driven restyle myself, just impression from user reviews of it), seems one of nicer things updated in kouki (especially as EUDM misses rest of tehnical goodies like updated airfilter/intake/exhaust headers/tune/different FD, getting only less important audio headunit/steering wheel buttons/changed bumpers & lights).

2 hours ago, Deacon said:

You can use torque to show these on an Android headunit too

I've got a head unit compatible with Android Auto so could probably look into mirroring it onto that from my phone - I guess you just need a Bluetooth OBD2 reader?  Good though some of them are, I doubt an Android unit would be as good as what I'm running - it cost me enough that I'm not planning on replacing it any time soon anyway... 😉

Just now, spikyone said:

I've got a head unit compatible with Android Auto so could probably look into mirroring it onto that from my phone - I guess you just need a Bluetooth OBD2 reader?  Good though some of them are, I doubt an Android unit would be as good as what I'm running - it cost me enough that I'm not planning on replacing it any time soon anyway... 😉

Yeah you'd need a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and you can then display all the data through Torque

Thanks for the info.

I find the vsc sport overly cautious so will need to test drive a 17 to see how it differs (might get one as courtesy car for the recall!) from what I've read it seems to be a good sweet spot

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk