Leeky

Wanted - Gauges and/or Gauge Pods

Hey peeps,

I need to start keeping a closer eye on whats happening under my bonnet. So I’m looking to fit some aftermarket gauges and am looking for some kind of setup if anyone is selling one.

I’m not completely certain where I’m going to mount the gauges yet, so I’d be interested in all sorts of set ups. But i’m only interested in your typical mechanical style 52mm/60mm gauges with their own senders. I don't want anything OBD2 or going into dash vents like those P3 gauges.

Ideally I’d be looking for a matching set which includes Water Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Transmission Oil Temp and Boost. If they had audible alarms that would be perfect.

Block8Head pods for 52mm gauges look very good. I’m currently thinking a 3x pod version of one of those would be great for the 3x temp gauges and then I may just put a small digital boost gauge on top of the steering column.

Drop me an IM if you have anything going.

Cheers!

Leeky

I made my own.

MDF base with the universal holders that came with the gauges, fitted and bonded into the base. Housing then protected and flocked in black. Unit then mounted from underneath using the heater vent and clipped back into place. Wiring routed through the lower dash up through the speaker grille. Cost just shy of £35 with the flocking being the most expensive part. 60mm Oil temp and water temp gauges as staying N/A. 

Dashpod1.jpg

dashpod3.jpg

Please close the thread. I sorted out a solution.

In case anyone is curious in what I went for, I ended up getting an ScanGauge II with the latest firmware and this gives me everything I needed.

Shows me Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure and Auto Gearbox Temp plus it allows me to set warning alarms too.

Also as it plugs into the ODB port and reads the data from the ECU I don't even have to get my fingers dirty or do any damage to my dash! Top banana :)