likaito

Res and muffler delete - how loud?

I've recently got a muffler delete and whilst significantly louder than stock, I just want a slight bit more volume. (for some reason i dont think its loud enough but might just be me)

Would a res delete of the stock midpipe make it unbearably loud? Not too fussed about drone. Not sure if anyone has run/heard this setup and have some opinions about it

Or would a 2nd cat delete be better for overall tone and volume.

(Please dont hate on the muffler delete im broke)

I heard deleting the Silencer makes the exhaust sounds crap...

Any chance of getting a video of what your car sounds like now? im planning on making some changes to my exhaust soon. 

2 hours ago, MartinT said:

With no silencer, deleting the mid-pipe resonator would make it unbearably loud, in my opinion.

hmmm alright thanks, might stick with no silencer only if other people say the same. thanks 

2 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I heard deleting the Silencer makes the exhaust sounds crap...

Any chance of getting a video of what your car sounds like now? im planning on making some changes to my exhaust soon. 

I've got the berk muffler delete dual exit on and I honestly love it. Really nice and deep rumble especially at low revs and very little/ no drone on the motorway in 6th gear.

Honestly in my opinion its great for the price. I got mine 2nd hand in great condition (£150, you could get a custom one made for less) since its essentially a straight pipe, and no problems. Saved myself £400-600 quid over getting a brand new catback and sounds louder than most catbacks out there.

I'll be filming some runs either this weekend or the next with my mate, I'll post them here when i do ok? 😊

Resonators filter high frequencies and rasp which is something you don't want if you like deep boxer rumble I guess.
If you want it louder remove all cats but keep or even add resonators otherwise the final sound will be more rasp or add a turbo...