Twigman

Dealer rant!

Steven Eagell Milton Keynes :-

I had my GT86 serviced yesterday (6 year service).
2 issues:
1: When I collected the car at 5.50pm I found the car was unlocked which I thought was strange. I drove 1/2 mile and stopped at a takeaway to get something to eat. When i tried to lock the car the alarm triggered. There was no obvious cause for this. I returned to the dealer, arriving at 6.02pm. The service department was now closed. The salesmen offered to keep the car in the workshop overnight. That didn't work for me as I don't have time to waste going back and forth to the dealer. I was asked by the salesman "What do you expect? I'm just a salesman" !!! Gobsmacked! I expect my car to be returned to me in a serviceable condition, and I expect to be able to drive it away from the dealers in a condition that allows me to lock the car. Unreasonable? I think not. I ended up diagnosing and fixing the problem in the dealer car park, myself. The alarm sensor under the bonnet had not engaged with the cup on the bonnet underside, making the alarm think the bonnet was open. The bracket holding the sensor had been bent out of the way of the cup.
It must have been known by whoever parked my car in the dealer car park after the service that this was the case, as the car was not locked. I find it appalling that the car was left for me to pick up in that state. If their technician can't even close the bonnet properly what confidence can I have in the rest of the work done?
After emailing the dealer last night I get a response this morning asking me to bring the car in to ensure the sensor is not damaged. Talk about missing the point completely!

Issue2: I believe the differential oil should be changed at this service. While the service sheet indicates that no differential oil was changed, I have been charged for gear oil. The dealer responded that the differential oil has been changed but I'm afraid I have no confidence that it has since it is not ticked on the service sheet.

I'm afraid I've lost all confidence in the dealer. There is no way I can be confident that any work has been done to any kind of acceptable standard.

The 'Service Manager' phoned me this morning to apologise.
An apology won't restore my confidence.

12 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Normal for this group they seem to have infested this area so options limited for me anywayĀ 

Me too....I have little/no choice - it's Steven Eagell or massive inconvenience. :(

And the Service Manager tried to tell me that they have a good reputation amongst GT86 'club members' and on the forums....

Yeah right

It seems the only qualification required to work for Steven Eagell is to be able to say "Black is white" and actually convince yourself of its veracity.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Twigman said:

Me too....I have little/no choice - it's Steven Eagell or massive inconvenience. :(

And the Service Manager tried to tell me that they have a good reputation amongst GT86 'club members' and on the forums....

Yeah right

It seems the only qualification required to work for Steven Eagell is to be able to say "Black is white" and actually convince yourself of its veracity.

Ā 

Good reputationšŸ˜‚ must have forgot me then time to pop in for round 2 šŸ„ŠšŸ„Š

Another trait the service manager displayed:

"I don't want to make excuses but......" and then made excuses.

Ā 

"I'm not racist but..." syndrome.

I'm happy to be working at a few miles from the best Toyota dealer in the country. I've been there since I bought my first Lexus in 2002. I only once had oneĀ minor issue, which was solved straight away. If any part has to be replacedĀ outside the service plan, they call meĀ to ask for permission and they quote for the extra costs involved.