gavin_t

Subaru brz price rise

Ouch!  Yes, I can see how the lack of an electric car will have adversely affected Subaru whereas Toyota have hybrids and electrics.

Ah well, my BRZ will remain rare which is ok by me!

I don't think that article is quite right as I thought there were only 1 brz manufactured per x number of gt86 i.e. it was intentional that the brz would sell in a lot lower numbers and priced higher even before this fine increased it further?

Isn't this going to increase 2nd hand prices if customers start looking there for nearly new instead of buying new? The dealership's will surely act on it for any used examples on their forecourts lol

7 minutes ago, NJay said:

I don't think that article is quite right as I thought there were only 1 brz manufactured per x number of gt86 i.e. it was intentional that the brz would sell in a lot lower numbers and priced higher even before this fine increased it further?

Isn't this going to increase 2nd hand prices if customers start looking there for nearly new instead of buying new? The dealership's will surely act on it for any used examples on their forecourts lol

In the beginning it was 1 BRZ to Every 10 GT86's but that stopped after a couple of years. 

I suspect it won't actually make that much difference to BRZ sales, I mean they are basically none existent anyway. And I can see them pulling the car entirely from sale in the UK, over the next year or so. 

Who was the last member to join the club with a 69 plate BRZ? Is there even one?

In The Netherlands a new BRZ costs £53500, all because of silly taxes. For this reason Toyota stopped selling the GT86. 

4 hours ago, will300 said:

In the beginning it was 1 BRZ to Every 10 GT86's but that stopped after a couple of years. 

I suspect it won't actually make that much difference to BRZ sales, I mean they are basically none existent anyway. And I can see them pulling the car entirely from sale in the UK, over the next year or so. 

Who was the last member to join the club with a 69 plate BRZ? Is there even one?

I think they will pull it and pre register all the current ones in stock or simular to try and get the prices down a bit. 

Nearing the end of their life cycle now anyway. Emissions killed off the current m3 as well I belive. Although I belive this was directly not through increased cost.

Keep the brz ownership nice and niche though for you guys 😀

I think they will pull it and pre register all the current ones in stock or simular to try and get the prices down a bit. 
Nearing the end of their life cycle now anyway. Emissions killed off the current m3 as well I belive. Although I belive this was directly not through increased cost.
Keep the brz ownership nice and niche though for you guys
Emissions killed the WRX STi too in the UK, EU in 2018. I hope they release a swansong edition and hope it becomes a collector's car. Less than 800 BRZs sold.
Subaru's volumes and car mix mean they are significantly penalised over Toyota who have more hybrids in their line up and less SWD. They have removed some non hybrid engine options like in the corolla to cut down CO2.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

No electric car in Subaru range? What's the eBoxer in Forester and LV then?
That my friend is called a mild hybrid not electric because of an e prefix, not a plug in hybrid even. It has no plug in charging capability , it has no Electric only driving capability and its CO2 emission is surprise surprise abysmal (154g/km) as its batteries are tiny and range infinitely small. EU target is below 95g/km to get you back to point.

I shouldn't get into it and finish there but just to give you some stats as you throw a random comment.

By comparison an equally large Toyota RAV4 hybrid is 102-105g/km.
Mitsubishi Outlander is a larger plug in hybrid with 46g/km CO2.
Neither of these above are volume sellers. Toyota's key seller is the prius with CO2 of 78-82 g/km depending on wheel size and its plug in version is 28g/km which is what keeps its emission credentials as a fleet in check and below EU norms.
Get my drift of what proper hybrid and electric tech mean, not just an e symbol in front but real emissions, charging and electric driving capability!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Willtl said:

I wonder if this will help with 2nd hand prices? (i.e. more for sellers)

I’d very much doubt it and it would probably push people more to the Toyota. As why would you pair a premium for essentially the same car especially when general opinion seems these cars are expensive for what they are already 

I’d very much doubt it and it would probably push people more to the Toyota. As why would you pair a premium for essentially the same car especially when general opinion seems these cars are expensive for what they are already 

Exclusivity. If you specifically want a BRZ and new prices increase, makes sense that 2nd hand prices will get a bump.

8 hours ago, Willtl said:

Exclusivity. If you specifically want a BRZ and new prices increase, makes sense that 2nd hand prices will get a bump.

You can put it up for a higher price but I'll bet that won't transfer to higher second hand values, when people know the cars were the same price as the GT up until this point if that article is correct.