Sign in to follow this  
Daninplymouth

MFactory 4.67 final drive

Hi, just seeing if there is any interest in this. 
Part will be removed at the start of March, only going back to standard as I’m going turbo. Has been fitted for about 8months so only done a few thousand miles.
Think it’s a great mod if staying NA

£300 posted 2281A222-A6F3-45E1-A28E-C9775D3A21F7.thumb.jpeg.4c0b94838132d6f976c06763cf1e44c7.jpeg

13 hours ago, kaisersalsek said:

Have this on my auto, highly recommended, transforms the car!

Just out of curiosity what did you do about the speedo reconfiguration? As I assume it put your speedo out of wack?

Also whats your top speed now? I assume the diff has improved the acceleration at the expense of top speed and fuel economy?

Would be interested to know what your 70mph cruising RPM is now.

14 minutes ago, Leeky said:

Just out of curiosity what did you do about the speedo reconfiguration? As I assume it put your speedo out of wack?

Also whats your top speed now? I assume the diff has improved the acceleration at the expense of top speed and fuel economy?

Would be interested to know what your 70mph cruising RPM is now.

No speedo is the same as stock as the speed sensor is taken from the wheels.

dont know about top speed but it has to be about 130or so if not more. On my 18” wheels my speedo is pretty accurate and 74mph is around 3500

i actually haven’t noticed much change in mpg day to day use I tend to sit a gear higher than standard and on a run can still get over 40

Cheers guys. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just that I saw kaisersalsek had this diff on an auto and I was pondering this as a mod for my auto.

Yeah mine is purely a track car so the only road miles it see are between home and track. So fuel economy isn't an issue for me; just curious.

The top speed of a stock auto 86 is 130 according to Toyota but I don't know if thats a gearing limit or a power based limit. Assuming its a gearing limit then with a shorter final drive the top speed may drop to something like 120 but I dont know for sure.

9 minutes ago, Leeky said:

Yeah mine is purely a track car so the only road miles it see are between home and track. So fuel economy isn't an issue for me; just curious.

The top speed of a stock auto 86 is 130 according to Toyota but I don't know if thats a gearing limit or a power based limit. Assuming its a gearing limit then with a shorter final drive the top speed may drop to something like 120 but I dont know for sure.

No that top speed is the max the car can pull due to its power, gearing wise I think it is something like 205mph if you could redline it so you may actually gain top speed on an auto.

i can’t think of many tracks where a Na gt86 can get close to its top speed but could be wrong

39 minutes ago, Daninplymouth said:

No that top speed is the max the car can pull due to its power, gearing wise I think it is something like 205mph if you could redline it so you may actually gain top speed on an auto.

i can’t think of many tracks where a Na gt86 can get close to its top speed but could be wrong

Cool. Thanks for the info. That makes total sense now as the auto has longer gearing than the manual.