Mattie941

Drivers Side Window Switch Issue

Hi guys,

The characterful GT86 is oozing it's personality again.

It's got a problem with the windows. I can't lower the passenger side window from the drivers door switch. The passenger windows works fine with the passenger door switch.

The passenger door windows is working fine when I open and close the door. However, when I open the drivers door, the window lowers and when I close the door it doesn't go back up.

The window switches in the drivers door are also flashing intermittently.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Matt

5 minutes ago, Mattie941 said:

Hi guys,

The characterful GT86 is oozing it's personality again.

It's got a problem with the windows. I can't lower the passenger side window from the drivers door switch. The passenger windows works fine with the passenger door switch.

The passenger door windows is working fine when I open and close the door. However, when I open the drivers door, the window lowers and when I close the door it doesn't go back up.

The window switches in the passenger door are also flashing intermittently.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Matt

The protection mechanism has tripped out (usually due to the window freezing). It's a really common issue - if you search on the forum you will find the reset procedure which involves holding the window switches down for 10 seconds if I remember correctly

Another tip is lukewarm water on the seal where the window joins the door until you hear it give. That's where it tends to stick. You can put silicone spray on the rubbers which does help, though I just do the former these days. 

I had the same problem for the 1st time yesterday.

With mine it was the passenger switch that was flashing so after googling it i found that i opened the window and when closing it i held the button in the up position for another 10 seconds after the window shut and it was back to normal

26 minutes ago, Church said:

You didn't do same at fully lowered position? Then it looks like procedure known to me may have excessive steps too :)

No I just fully opened the window then closed it and held the button