What are the thoughts on  potential issues with oil starvation on track?

I've searched the forum topics and although I can see that there was some discussion regarding this on the other forum a few years back I can't find anything recent or a conclusion.

When is this likely to become an issue and what is the best way of preventing it?
My GT86 has a Harrop supercharger, HKS oil cooler and is running Michelin PS4 tyres. I do the odd track day but will not be putting on slicks etc.
If this is an issue, the main options seem to be a baffle in the sump or an  Accusump. I believe that Fensport run an Accusump on the GT86 that they have run in the Japanese Sprint series. Not sure this installation would fit with the Harrop kit in any case?

Main sump baffle option seems to be Cosworth, as far as I can see?
Coming from a Caterham where the recommendation was that for any track use an 'Apollo' anti cavitation tank was recommended, with a dry sump advised for more extreme usage, I'm keen to understand whether some preventative measures would be worthwhile.

Keen to hear from anyone who runs either a sump baffle, Accusump or anyone with a view on whether oil starvation is something to be concerned about.

@Fensport

@Mark@Abbey M/S

What are your thoughts on this?

It's not really an issue as such as long as you have adequate oil in the sump. I've never had any problems, run the same tyres as you and have been doing trackdays and sprinting in the car for seven years now. 

Adrian does run an Accusump so has a dry sump, but he does run aero and 265 wide 888's! 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Lauren said:

It's not really an issue as such as long as you have adequate oil in the sump. I've never had any problems, run the same tyres as you and have been doing trackdays and sprinting in the car for seven years now. 

Adrian does run an Accusump so has a dry sump, but he does run Aero and 265 wide 888's! 

Adrian's car if it I was dry sumped wouldn't need an Accusump , Accusump is used on wet sump cars.

We have used Accusump on numerous GT86's and with the use of the Ecutek and race Rom maps we control the Accusump to only work when the car is under load.

15 minutes ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

Adrian's car if it I was dry sumped wouldn't need an Accusump , Accusump is used on wet sump cars.

We have used Accusump on numerous GT86's and with the use of the Ecutek and race Rom maps we control the Accusump to only work when the car is under load.

GPWM! 😆

7 hours ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

Many thanks @Mark@Abbey M/S

So with one of your Harrop supercharger installations would you be more inclined to go with a Cosworth baffle, an Accusump, or something else?

What would the approximate costs be to install these different options?

12 hours ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

Interesting. I’ve got an accusump in the garage. I’ll be in touch.

6 hours ago, James7 said:

Many thanks @Mark@Abbey M/S

So with one of your Harrop supercharger installations would you be more inclined to go with a Cosworth baffle, an Accusump, or something else?

What would the approximate costs be to install these different options?

Send me an email to mark@abbeymotorpsort.co.uk please

1 hour ago, GravelRash said:

Interesting. I’ve got an accusump in the garage. I’ll be in touch.

we need to use the EPC valve set up with the Accusump as this makes the Accusump controllable from the ECU that needs Ecutek to enable the ability to control the Accusump

I’ve run my racecar on slicks and R888s for the last three years with nothing more than a racerX baffle sump and oil topped up to the max mark on the dip stick.

Now saying that I’m not sure I would still recommend it long term,

For piece of mind given that my car os only driven on track as I’m in the middle of building my engine I’ve gone with the high flow Remax oil pump, killer B pickup, and an accusump which will be controlled by my AIM dash, alongside the baffled sump I’m hopeful that should address any concerns but I think the Accusump is a wise move at any level.

Mark fitted an Accusump for me couple of years ago and I’d definitely recommend getting one if you track the car regularly.

I’ve installed some LEDs in the cabin so that I can see when the unit is enabled by the ECU and when the switch actually opens.  In the dry, with good tyres (Cup 2) and when the oil is relatively hot, the switch will open on at least one corner at all the tracks I’ve driven.

22 hours ago, steve_p said:

Mark fitted an Accusump for me couple of years ago and I’d definitely recommend getting one if you track the car regularly.

I’ve installed some LEDs in the cabin so that I can see when the unit is enabled by the ECU and when the switch actually opens.  In the dry, with good tyres (Cup 2) and when the oil is relatively hot, the switch will open on at least one corner at all the tracks I’ve driven.

Interesting, thanks. Do you have a sump baffle as well, or just the Accusump?

What width cup2s are you running and what other mods fella, just working out at what point its needed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, dom2497 said:

What width cup2s are you running and what other mods fella, just working out at what point its needed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just standard wheels (215 I think).  It's supercharged, but I have an oil cooler so a standard car probably sees the same oil temps.