Molten86

Cosworth Supercharged GT86

1 hour ago, Molten86 said:

@CharlieBatchelor95 It definitely is a slippery slope!

My exhaust setup currently is as of last week: 

- HKS UEL Catted Manifold - Cobra Overpipe - Cobra High flow Catted Front Pipe - Cobra non-resonated Cat back

It's also very loud! 
I've just brought a Resonated TD mid-pipe from a member of this forum, hoping it'll quieten it down slightly but mainly hoping it takes some of the drone out (if it fits that is).

Booking in for a remap at Fensport towards the end of Jan as well to get it all smoothed out.

I'm on lowering springs at the moment but got a friend at work who has an mk2 MR2 on Tein Flex Z coilovers, when chatting to him about them I was tempted to get some. They might be another mod for further down the line 😂

Interesting about the volume of your exhaust I'd have thought being catted would've kept the noise/drone down to a more tolerable level, hopefully the TD mid-pipe sorts out the issues you're having with it. Don't see any reason why it won't fit unless TD use custom fitment on their exhausts.

The remap will give you so many features and improve the torque that'll make it a whole lot more drivable not too long to wait 

I've never been in an 86 on lowering springs but a lot of people use them so must be an improvement, but I can 100% recommend the Tein Coilovers its my favourite modification on the car I thought it was good before but this transformed it. 

Seems like you've got plenty of ideas though! 

7 hours ago, Molten86 said:

@Subota Boy Thanks for clarifying the details, I've brought the smaller pulley but have not fit it yet so I may hold off on doing that. Like you say I will sacrifice the safety margins for what is a minor increase in power which may not be worth it at this stage.

Yes indeed.  It was worth spending £100 on a pulley just in case, while they are still available.   Am sure you will love it after the remap.  Adrian mapped mine while it was still N/A and I was very pleased with his work.  

On 1/8/2020 at 10:44 AM, Molten86 said:

Good to know Martin, do you have a link to any info or is this just based on what you've read/ experienced?

The use of the dual injector systems has plenty of headroom as you can adjust the split to give what you need. The DI system can run a lot more fuel as it's high pressure and then the PI used to supplement it, the latter is what uses the injectors and pump that you can replace. A smaller pulley and E85, which requires ~30% more fuel, would be on the limit of the capabilities. On standard fuel that equates to around 350ish BHP IIRC.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, CharlieBatchelor95 said:

Picked up my 2017 Pre-Facelift GT86 back in June 2019.

Done the following mods so far:

• Fensport Leather Arm-Rest
  • 35% Tints all round
  • JR29 18" Wheels
  • Tein Flex Z Coilovers
  • BC Adjustable Drop Links
  • Cobra UEL Decatted Manifold
  • Scorpion Resonated 2nd Decat
  • Invidia N1 Catback
  • TD Stage 1 Turbo Kit and Stage 1 clutch being installed next week :)

@CharlieBatchelor95 how is life with the TD turbo kit fitted? Have you had a chance to really test it out? 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, Shippers said:

@CharlieBatchelor95 how is life with the TD turbo kit fitted? Have you had a chance to really test it out? 

Only just seen this haven't been that active on the forum just getting back into it.

The Turbo Kit is absolutely immense cant believe how much its transformed the car, its amazing with what it keeps up with now and is a weapon on a B road now

18 hours ago, Shippers said:

That's great to hear you are enjoying it. Thanks for the update. 

I'm so tempted to go for it in the future now I've got used to my car with the TD NA kit on. 

Honestly I couldn't recommend the TD Kit enough after I had a ride in a friends Avo car I knew I had to go FI at that point.

The difference between Avo and TD is quite noticeable I think, the TD Kit comes on much sooner in the rev range and pulls smoother where the Avo seems to come on later and harder guess it depends how you drive the car but personally I think the TD Kit is perfectly suited for the 86