R4M

Clutch gone?

Hello all,

I have purchased 2014 GT86 last month and i did not have any issue for a week. but then i started to hear this sound coming from clutch time to time but it was there for only for a short time like a minute or so. But currently i can hear it all the time... what the issue could be? clutch bearing perhaps?

Ive called the dealer and reported it two weeks ago and today again, sadly i did not hear back from them yet

Can't tell from your vid. It's unlikely that the clutch has worn out. Could be a squeaky pedal (don't worry about it), could be an issue with the slave cylinder, but more likely it's just the sound of depressing the clutch.  It doesn't sound like a release bearing. They can rattle a bit, but this is not uncommon and nothing to worry about. 

If the slave cylinder fails then the pedal will just go to the floor. 

It's not the pedal, it's in the engine bay. Just needs re greasing properly. It's behind the engine near the top, just open the bonnet and get someone to press the clutch pedal, it'll be the only bit that moves... 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It's not the pedal, it's in the engine bay. Just needs re greasing properly. It's behind the engine near the top, just open the bonnet and get someone to press the clutch pedal, it'll be the only bit that moves... 

Cheers, will take a look