Adrian14

First Modifications

Apologies if there’s already a thread about this but I’m new to the forum! 
I got a GT86 (14 reg) about a year ago and have finally decided I want to do a couple of mods to it. The first thing I’m going to do is put a K&N filter in as it’s an easy one.

One thing I want to do is get rid of that brake squeak at slow speeds. Is this just a case of getting different pads? If so what pads would you recommend?

Also, would there be any power improvement from just replacing the secondary cat with a high flow sports cat? I want to improve power/reduce the torque dip but want to keep both catalytic converters so it’ll pass an emissions test. 

Are there any other mods people recommend to get me started?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the long post!

With the brakes you can replace them with any cheap ones from eurocarparts. I swapped out the oem pad for some cheap pagids and they were fine.

A high flow cat alone wouldnt be worth it in terms of power gains. Many people go decat with an aftermarket manifold and leave the secondary cat in place and this will pass mot.

There are plenty manifolds out there. If new is your things then that's up to you but there are constantly used parts flying around on this platform for you to source.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stoptech pads are a good option if you want to reduce brake squeal. As has been said, zero gain from swopping one cat for another really. Much better to change the manifold and get a remap. 

Short of going FI, the manifold is the only significant gain you'll get. Depending on where you live, @Mike@TD.co.uk at Tuning Developments is a good man to talk to. TD sell the manifold, filter, and remap as as a fitted package for a very good price - likely to be less than doing it separately.

It was such a good deal that I drove 3+ hours and stayed in a hotel the night before when I had mine done. Lots of people here are running that setup.

I wouldnt even think a filter is necessary but this is up to you. Just the manifold is fine. If going new, then it is correct that going to td will be best value option at approx 1500 all in.

On the used market, going manifold and remap can be significantly cheaper

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cheers for your help, I’ll have a look into the manifolds. 

This might be a stupid question but if I decided to get a cat back at a later date, would it need another retune? Or does it not make that much difference

If you fancy trying out a second decat pipe I have a blitz for sale, still pass mot and no cel. 100 quid based in derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk