Neil-h

ECUTEK map switching

Does anyone know if there’s a delay between changing engine maps (via the cruise control stalk) and the ECU taking it as the startup map? I get the impression from ECUTEKs site that car should start from the last loaded map but I’ve been having trouble getting mine to play ball, so I was wondering if I was switching the car off to quickly for it to load properly.

Ta

I have not tried the exact same scenario as you but if on the move, I want to change from map 1 to 2 or any for that matter, it is instantaneous and the car restarts from that map.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Lauren said:

Once the map is activated it's set. Not sure why you'd change it then turn it off. It will start with whatever the previous map was. I don't tend to ever change mine. 

I’ve got one of the maps set so that the engine doesn’t start (a bit belt and braces given the car already has an immobiliser but it was a spare slot so why not). So what I tend do is switch the ignition on (but not the engine), then change the ECU to the appropriate map and the switch it off again. Only problem is it doesn’t always seem to set the last map, so it takes several attempt to get it to reload a running map on startup.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:31 PM, Neil-h said:

I’ve got one of the maps set so that the engine doesn’t start (a bit belt and braces given the car already has an immobiliser but it was a spare slot so why not). So what I tend do is switch the ignition on (but not the engine), then change the ECU to the appropriate map and the switch it off again. Only problem is it doesn’t always seem to set the last map, so it takes several attempt to get it to reload a running map on startup.

You're doing it wrong ;) I have a similar map on mine and have to do the same.

There's something in the ECU that I noticed that if you switch maps, switch off and then switch back on quickly it will default to the mode that it was when switched on previously. So in your case, back to the immobiliser map. This only happens in this situation, which you're doing by switching off after making the change. What you need to do:

1. Turn on ignition (not start car)
  2. Change map mode
  3. Put foot on clutch
  4. Push start button to start engine

On 12/31/2019 at 8:25 AM, Church said:

Slightly curious .. if one removes battery power, does active ecutek mapping mode still "stick" or reverts to some default/first?

It keep the map you previously selected. Had my battery disconnected plenty of times lately!