Cundall77

Rear View Mirror

Hey guys, finally bought my new GT86 yesterday but the rear view mirror is destroyed. Where would people suggest I look for parts for the GT86? specifically the rear view mirror in this case. Thank you

There's always the ebay store: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-GT86-Inner-Rear-View-Mirror-Assembly-2018-SU00307866-/223101272801?hash=item33f1df42e1

That one is possibly for newer cars only, although you never know when it comes to accessories. I got mine replaced under warranty via dealer. Do call up your local parts desk for a price, and you'll be sure to get the right part.

Is it still under warranty? I also got mine replaced by the dealership. There seems to be a defect with them where the reflective material seems to peel away. When I brought it up it was changed without discussion, so must be quite common. 

If you need to buy the part yourself I think they are fairly expensive due to being frameless.

Re fogging up. Yep. Applied rain x anti misting spray (other brands available lol) on it and inside of the windows. Worked quite well as rear view mirror doesn't fog up at all. The rear windscreen still does a bit but much less than before. Works really well on the ensuite shower room mirror too lol

On 12/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, Cundall77 said:

Hey guys, finally bought my new GT86 yesterday but the rear view mirror is destroyed. Where would people suggest I look for parts for the GT86? specifically the rear view mirror in this case. Thank you

Hi

I have a spare rear view mirror, have sent you a message.

Cheers