scbrz

Steering binding when manouvering

I had eibach lowering springs and uprated anti roll bars fitted with stock drop links. I've since changed the springs back to stock but kept the arb with new stock drop links, and since then when I slowly reverse turn out of a parking space on full lock I get several  binding noise/jolt through the steering/tyres, and then again when turning/moving forward. Is this because the anti roll bar is only designed for the lowered springs? Or could it be something else like the springs moving? Pretty sure its not the wheel/tyres catching on arches etc.  It feels like the tyres are slipping on the tread blocks if that makes sense.

It's most likely the drop link binding on the rose joint. I had one which made a terrible creaking noise when turning the steering. Water had got into the joint. With your's though it's probably the just the drop links moving as the strut moves lock to lock which moves the drop link and applies some pressure to the anti-roll bar. I guess a stiffer ARB will be less compliant than the stock one. 

Binding noise when steering lock to lock often caused by spring skipping at binded for whatever reason strut topmount bearings. Are those ok? Are (if aftermarket coilovers or camberplates) top nut properly tightened?

8 minutes ago, Church said:

Binding noise when steering lock to lock often caused by spring skipping at binded for whatever reason strut topmount bearings. Are those ok? Are (if aftermarket coilovers or camberplates) top nut properly tightened?

The struts/topmount were new. I think @Lauren is correct that its the drop link ball joints binding. the ARB has 2 tension holes, so I might move them to the other one.