Sun_Zenith

Alternative dash cluster

Bit of a weird question but is anyone aware of alternative dash clusters that fit a 2014 GT86? 

I have a feeling the newer model clusters may be plug and play? But really I am looking for something a bit smarter, and I’d also like a display that shows fuel mileage remaining until empty, oil temp etc. 

I’m assuming this is a bit of a long shot...

1 minute ago, Church said:

To retrofit dash of MY2017.

For extra gauges and stuff, i'd probably look into torque pro app to display data from OBD dongle on smartphone or tablet.

Is the MY2017 plug and play or does it require additional rewiring?

Just now, Sun_Zenith said:

Is the MY2017 plug and play or does it require additional rewiring?

Sorry, forgot to add links.

Retrofitting MY2017 ABS module. That solidsnake11 guy AFAIK has retrofitted also dash. But somehow having trouble to quickly dig up thread about it.

EDIT

Hmm, after some googling, here is thread of someone else on instrument cluster retrofit.

Hey Sun_Zenith

I have got 2017+ cluster working in my 2013 GT86. 

If your car is a UK spec and has the keyless entry and start it is more or less plug and play. 

What you have to do is to find someone to program the correct milegage from your old cluster onto your new one (if you are bothered). 

Also you will need this kit to scroll through the menus on the display.  

With the 2017+ cluster you have got access to coolant and oil temps. battery voltage, track stopwatch, G-meter, miles left to empty (not very accurate I think), total times driving and the rest of the normal stuff.