O'Keeffe 88

West Yorkshire Meet

I know this has been raised before, but with the amount of 86s and BRZs I see driving round my neck of the woods these days, there must be enough of us here to have a West Yorkshire/Yorkshire meet?

Have owned my black 63 plate for over a year now, and I'm itching to begin making my 86 that little bit more special - it'd be great to meet other people who are like-minded, without having to drive 200 miles down south 😂

Any takers?

Mike

1 hour ago, O'Keeffe 88 said:

Haha - I'm just as far away from Thirsk as you are 😂

Hopefully we get a few more showing interest and we can get things rolling...☺️

How long you had the BRZ?

Still a lot closer than the stuff down south!

Got it in May.  Love it so far.  Not really planning any mods at the moment, other than maybe the removal of the sound pipe.  Once I feel like I've really wrung it's neck I might change my mind. 😈

Go for it. Pick a venue/place or event and post it up via the calendar section under social meets and see what interest you get.  Pub meets are a good option, meet for lunch etc. 

We really are lacking something regular in the north. 

Have looked into a few venues - ideally something petrolhead/Motorsport-friendly would be ideal. There's one place in Doncaster that's a Motorsport-themed café, but it hasn't finished being built yet 😂 (a potential for the future, hopefully?)

If anybody knows of anywhere that would be ideal in the North, speak up!

On 11/24/2019 at 7:35 PM, BRZ_blue said:

I'm a Newcastle newbie, but Yorkshire is doable for me.  Have spent many hours riding my bike around Thirsk, Helmsley etc so lots of good places to choose from.

@Kul @Gudzy Great to see some WYorks owners on here! 

Nothing has been arranged as of yet, and I'm open to suggestions of where and when if anyone has any ideas?

I'm apprehensive about suggesting anything in the coming weeks given that Christmas is around the corner and we're all likely to be busy.

Perhaps in January sometime at a place that's convenient for as many as possible?

@Kul @Gudzy - given that we're all close to one another (I'm over in Keighley), there's a possibility for a mini meet up separate to the main one, if that's something we're up for?

I'm not that familiar with the local area, but how about this place:

Scenic, dog walking, cafe. Seems to hit the general criteria for an initial meet. Quick chat, say hello, probably fun roads on the way in and out.

12 hours ago, O'Keeffe 88 said:

@Kul @Gudzy Great to see some WYorks owners on here! 

Nothing has been arranged as of yet, and I'm open to suggestions of where and when if anyone has any ideas?

I'm apprehensive about suggesting anything in the coming weeks given that Christmas is around the corner and we're all likely to be busy.

Perhaps in January sometime at a place that's convenient for as many as possible?

@Kul @Gudzy - given that we're all close to one another (I'm over in Keighley), there's a possibility for a mini meet up separate to the main one, if that's something we're up for?

That would be great! What about these two places. Heathfield farm do massive desserts if that’s your thing! Both are off the motorway. Easy to get to with parking. 

F1CDDEEC-517F-4187-8339-D0201E208BDD.jpeg

9077B0E5-FF39-4F48-8551-45672BCB7BA0.jpeg

7 hours ago, O'Keeffe 88 said:

I think either of @Kul's suggestions work; any farther south than the Leeds area might be too far for anyone who's up York or Newcastle way.

Anybody got a preference on when we meet?

January’s best for me 4th, 11th or 12th.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, Kul said:

January’s best for me 4th, 11th or 12th.

We'll I've just booked in for the TD NA package on the 25th, so I'd personally like to selfishly wait until the end of the month just to show that off 😂

Still, I'll happily go with the majority.

Happy New Year, everyone! Thought I'd give this a bump and see who's still interested.

Again, end of the month is preferable for me (especially seeing as payday will be around then!) but happy to go with the majority.

What're we saying? 😁

3 hours ago, Benjamincliff said:

Join the Gt86/brz/frs north east group on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/856154338097638/

We are organising a meet this saturday in Durham

Sounds good, although there does still seem to be demand for a dedicated Yorkshire meet. For anyone interested, how does a provisional date of the 26th suit?