Xyra

Bought a GT86!

Hi All,

After drooling after them for years, took the plunge on a rather nice 2013 GT86!

Now onto a question, of course :) I want to get a space saver wheel for it, but not sure of the dimensions / tyre size to get.  Would https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/135-70-R16-Bridgestone-Subaru-5x100-Spacesaver-100M/123817698352?hash=item1cd41c2430:g:ASMAAOSw-hVdFb7e  be likely to fit?  I think its correct bolt spacing, but not sure on brake clearance, diameter etc...

0kljywko5vy31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Well the bolt holes are fine. Double-check my math, but the tyrewall height will be 94-ish mm, similar to the 97mm side wall 17" 215/45 standard fit, but it's a 16" radius, so it'll be smaller radius by about 10mm after the smaller tyre wall. I'd be very wary about putting that across the rear diff. There will be a 5% difference in circumference, and I reckon that's a lot of yaw... 1867mm circumference versus 1966mm (ignoring squash, which may be increase the problem on the space-saver).

The primo in some markets does come with 16" wheels, but without offset, you're guessing if it will fit.

Hi All,

After drooling after them for years, took the plunge on a rather nice 2013 GT86!

Now onto a question, of course default_smile.png I want to get a space saver wheel for it, but not sure of the dimensions / tyre size to get.  Would https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/135-70-R16-Bridgestone-Subaru-5x100-Spacesaver-100M/123817698352?hash=item1cd41c2430:g:ASMAAOSw-hVdFb7e  be likely to fit?  I think its correct bolt spacing, but not sure on brake clearance, diameter etc...

0kljywko5vy31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c8e8912decb5d19c0bcface3fc2a86caf8ef4ae1

dc064af766733c613418dbbf0b2b7ab8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk this one. d0b1fbf7d5e53b912ceb4acf9d497120.jpg

This one will fit over the front brakes. 

As Badger said if you have puncture at the back you will have to take a wheel of the front axle put it at the back and then fit the spare at the front. 

The diff won't like the different diameter wheel.

Thank you so much! Forums are the best :) good point on rotating the tyres.

I'll get onto one of those wheels.  I hate being caught out without something (ever since the AA left me on the side of the M4 for over 4 hours with 2 kids under 4) so want to get something in place. 

Loving the car though.  Finding the reverse quite high geared, got quite a lot of clutch smell getting into my driveway  as it wanted to move quite quick (has a bit of a ramp), is this common? 

11 hours ago, nikndel said:

Clutch smell isn't good just means your burning it out

Yeh, I've managed to find a different angle to get into the drive which allows me a bit more momentum to get over the ramp so doesn't need so much clutch slip to get in now!

7 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I carry a full size spare wheel in the boot and bought the other floor cover you can get to accommodate this from Australia.

I might look at that.  I quite like space savers though because if I have a full size spare then I don't get around to getting it fixed, whereas if I have an ugly speed restricted space saver on the car it prompts me to sort it!! 

12 minutes ago, Xyra said:

Yeh, I've managed to find a different angle to get into the drive which allows me a bit more momentum to get over the ramp so doesn't need so much clutch slip to get in now!

I have the same problem if I can't go up at a angle it won't go up at all 😂

2 hours ago, MartinT said:

Just carry a can of Tyre Weld for emergencies?

I've had blowouts on more than one car, I'm paranoid :)  I've never had a tyre die in a way it would have helped

6 hours ago, ualverig said:

Congrats on your new ride!

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, KevinA said:

Welcome to the club, and enjoy the 86

Thank you :)

On 11/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, nikndel said:

I have the same problem if I can't go up at a angle it won't go up at all 😂

Me too and the main reason why i can't lower mine at all.