Hi, I have been doing some reading as I have my first track day in a few weeks. I just wondered what the limit for the standard 0-20w oil is? I was thinking of 120-130 then letting it cool. Also do we know how accurate the oil temp gauge is on the kouki’s

thanks

I'd say that's about right. You don't really want to go over 130C. You should be alright if you keep your session times to no more than 15 minutes at a time. What track? 

I've easily seen it read 120C in road driving. I did find on track that it does seem to oddly stabilise a bit around 125C. 

I would ease off if it gets above 125, certainly dont let it go to 130 or over.
I have a TD turbo and an oil cooler, my never goes above 90-100 on the road, even with hard driving. But on track days easily reaches 120+ (track dependent though).
On track if you ease off the throttle the oil temp drops down fairly quickly. I find it can get to 100 ish by the time cool down lap is completed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It’s at oulton park next month. 

i doubt il be pushing it that hard for my first time  anyway but I just wanted to double check. 

Thanks il make sure it gets backed off before 130. Is there a temperature sensor on the newer cars for the oil display or is it more of an electronic guess

It’s at oulton park next month. 
i doubt il be pushing it that hard for my first time  anyway but I just wanted to double check. 
Thanks il make sure it gets backed off before 130. Is there a temperature sensor on the newer cars for the oil display or is it more of an electronic guess
I compared display reading to Torque Pro and it was pretty accurate. You can't see exact temp, but its good enough and I use it on track days.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, VAD17 said:

I compared display reading to Torque Pro and it was pretty accurate. 

Seeing as it uses the same sensor it should read the same ;)

It's also worth noting that the OEM sensor isn't reading the hottest part of the oil system - depending on where you place the sensor you see around +/-10C.