XK140

Service cost

My car is just coming up to one year old from first registration but since ir was sat with the dealer for six months and I have not been able to use it much the mileage is only about 1300.

A glance at the Toyota website tells me that an intermediate service will be £250.I suppose oil and a filter could be say £50,so the total price seems excessive ,unless they will be doing something clever that I'm not aware of.

So,what to do?...any alternative or just suck it up to make sure the warranty is preserved?

25 minutes ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Wish my next Service was going to be that price !!

The 120k Service next week is in the region of £600 :o

Quite,but there's a big difference between what an 120k miles car needs and a one year old car with 1300 miles!

In reality,the car just needs an oil and filter change now it is run in (some might say not even that) and...absolutely nothing else,but I suppose I'll get a paper with a lot of ticked boxes about things that I already knew were OK !

16 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

We offer the intermediate service for £149.00 with genuine parts as a comparison.

Thanks

Mike

So Mike when are you planning on opening a branch of Tuning developments in Birmingham :)

I think the Toyota prices go down when the car is 5 years old or so. So they're charging extra just because they can, as most people will want to keep main dealer history for first few years..