Sign in to follow this  
gavin_t

Strange Aircon noises...

I will start by saying the car may have done this for ages and I just haven't noticed it as I usually have some kind of background sound like the radio on.

Noticed recently a faint woosh/dump valve kind of noise coming from behind the dash intermittently when I have the A/C on. Kind of ,like something is releasing pressure. Only very quite but now I have heard it once I notice it :lol:

Everything is working as it should just wondered if anyone else has come across similar.

8 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

Maybe it has just taken me about 4 years to notice it then :lol:

My car is 5 1/2 years old and I only noticed it about a year ago......we're on the same schedule, it seems.

My car is 6 years old and started doing this in May.  Sounds like a sort of grinding noise that changes pitch.  Breathing sounds a great description!  When I hear it next time I will fiddle with the aircon switch and see if it changes anything.  Useful thread this!!

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, Subota Boy said:

My car is 6 years old and started doing this in May.  Sounds like a sort of grinding noise that changes pitch.  Breathing sounds a great description!  When I hear it next time I will fiddle with the aircon switch and see if it changes anything.  Useful thread this!!

Wouldn't say mine was a grinding noise but like air been released.