PhilR

Exhaust Condensation?

Afternoon,

I've read a few threads on here about this, but thought I would ask:

I've had my GT86 a few months now and noticed a couple of times, what I hope, is condensation coming out of the exhaust.

Today, probably the coldest and dampest day since I purchased my car, I noticed quite a thick amount of white condensation (steam - smoke?) coming out my exhaust for about 20 seconds after start up, it then reduced significantly, but it was still happening. I had a short 5 minute drive and when parked up I checked and still a small amount coming out, but hardly any. Also noticed after turning the engine off there was still a slight amount coming out for a short amount of time. Also getting close to the exhaust and it didn't smell like smoke. 

Does this sound like steam or something worth checking out? 

I don't have the car for that long.. but that sounds similar to what I experience (probably normal).. hopefully most people will say the same :)

I had the same thoughts as you initially.

Afternoon,
I've read a few threads on here about this, but thought I would ask:
I've had my GT86 a few months now and noticed a couple of times, what I hope, is condensation coming out of the exhaust.
Today, probably the coldest and dampest day since I purchased my car, I noticed quite a thick amount of white condensation (smoke?) coming out my exhaust for about 20 seconds after start up, it then reduced significantly, but it was still happening. I had a short 5 minute drive and when parked up I checked and still a small amount coming out, but hardly any. Also noticed after turning the engine off there was still a slight amount coming out for a short amount of time. Also getting close to the exhaust and it didn't smell like smoke. 
Does this sound like condensation or something worth checking out? 

Could it be steam?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's normal, had it for a couple of years when using the stock exhaust, it's not as noticable on my current setup (then again it's not really been cold enough for me to notice it recently)