Daninplymouth

Headlight Aim

Hi, I have just had my car lowered and I think I need to raise the headlights up a little. Before I order an adjustable arm from fensport I just wanted to check if there were any adjusters built into the headlight unit itself? If not can anyone confirm the arm works with the facelift led lights

thanks

There are little black adjuster screws on the back of the lights on my 2012my car. I used them after lowering by about an inch.   2 minute job. My friendly mot man allowed me to use his headlight aim checker. 

I've literally just done this. Jack up nsr take wheel off. Get in there with two ten mm spanners and undo the bolts. Arm out you can put the new one in. Or do what I did and just zip tie the arm facing down as a temp fix. I'm ordering the ball heads and threaded rod to DIY my own for a tenner. You can adjust the two 8mm bolts under the bonnet but I'd get it aligned on an Mot test rig unless you don't mind wonky aims. 

Here's a link to an earlier thread that explains the length of arm depending on how low you've gone. 

Let us know how you get on. 

42 minutes ago, Luke said:

I've literally just done this. Jack up nsr take wheel off. Get in there with two ten mm spanners and undo the bolts. Arm out you can put the new one in. Or do what I did and just zip tie the arm facing down as a temp fix. I'm ordering the ball heads and threaded rod to DIY my own for a tenner. You can adjust the two 8mm bolts under the bonnet but I'd get it aligned on an Mot test rig unless you don't mind wonky aims. 

Here's a link to an earlier thread that explains the length of arm depending on how low you've gone. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks when the arm arrives il jack it up and have a look around

On 9/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, Daninplymouth said:

Just to confirm the arm is exactly the same on the facelifts. Fitted mine from fensport and the aim is much better resting against the wall opposite. The 2bolts were bit of a pig to get at especially in the rain on the drive 

Yes I changed mine on the facelift a few weeks back and they're exactly the same. The bolts are a bit fiddly but it's a fairly easy fit and forget task. 

Much nicer driving at night again. I personally think the headlights are great on this car. Has a wide consistent beam that travels nicely up the road.