VAD17

GT86/ BRZ Breakfast @ Denbies

49 minutes ago, VAD17 said:

Great to see you guys and thanks for coming!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks for organising it! Nice to see everyone! Don't our cars look great. I can't stop looking at my car. I love it. :)

And thanks to @GT86-Ian and @Leevsfortyone  for taking me for spins in your souped-up cars! Especially to Lee for actually letting me DRIVE yours. Wow. 🤩

On the way home, I had a really cool experience. I was in the Blackwall Tunnel, so going slow obviously, and I saw this Bentley in the wing mirror coming up next to me, so I looked over as it came up beside me to have a look. Well, there was little boy in the passenger's seat, he couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 (and not in a car seat, and apparantly up on his knees). I smiled at him and he looked at me briefly, but for the whole 4 or 5 seconds that the car was beside me, he was looking at my car. I mean intently checking it out. I just grinned and thought, yeah, kid, you got it. You're on the right track. You might be in a Bentley, but forget that cumbersome thing, my car is FUN. It was just like one of those wistful car commercials with the romantic music in which a little boy dreams of driving a race car. If I were a film director, I couldn't have produced a more perfect moment. It was amazing!

On the way home, I had a really cool experience. I was in the Blackwall Tunnel, so going slow obviously, and I saw this Bentley in the wing mirror coming up next to me, so I looked over as it came up beside me to have a look. Well, there was little boy in the passenger's seat, he couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 (and not in a car seat, and apparantly up on his knees). I smiled at him and he looked at me briefly, but for the whole 4 or 5 seconds that the car was beside me, he was looking at my car. I mean intently checking it out. I just grinned and thought, yeah, kid, you got it. You're on the right track. You might be in a Bentley, but forget that cumbersome thing, my car is FUN. It was just like one of those wistful car commercials with the romantic music in which a little boy dreams of driving a race car. If I were a film director, I couldn't have produced a more perfect moment. It was amazing!

It does give you a Buzz when people check out your car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Leevsfortyone said:

It does give you a Buzz when people check out your car.

Yes, it does. I get it at least once every time I go out. I'm sure people are wondering "What the hell is that?" and "Wow, that's cool" simultaneously. lol

I think that will be my thing, Ian takes pictures of his Ice Creams I’ll take a pick of my Full English.

Obligatory photo as well. Great to finally meet you all as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, CherryBomb said:

I get it at least once every time I go out. I'm sure people are wondering "What the hell is that?" and "Wow, that's cool" simultaneously. lol

I have several times had someone stick their head out of the window and ask "what is that" to which I cryptically reply "Subaru". The response is always "is that the new one then? Never seen one before" or similar!

1 hour ago, Rocket Panda said:

It's all about getting together with your 86's and friends. Had the best day and thanks Vad for organising! 😁

So Louise,  when we meet up at the coffee house, are you going to climb in the boot again for a photo outside the shop entrance, for us?  I have just the image in mind!!

6 hours ago, Subota Boy said:

So Louise,  when we meet up at the coffee house, are you going to climb in the boot again for a photo outside the shop entrance, for us?  I have just the image in mind!!

Oh yes.....up for that photo Keith!! 4 x tyres and me will fit in the back of the 86! 😁

14 hours ago, Rocket Panda said:

That's right Martin, that's my pocket rocket CR-Z. Always easy to find in carparks as it's usually the only one there! 😁

Great car showing how hybrid can be done well.  I had a Sprintex supercharger installed on mine.  Pocket rocket it was!

11 hours ago, MartinT said:

Great car showing how hybrid can be done well.  I had a Sprintex supercharger installed on mine.  Pocket rocket it was!

Agree, a great techy hybrid, always good fun for driving down the twisty Sussex country lanes. Would like a supercharger installed after I've removed the token back seats!!