potato goose

How do you fit your tow loop?

So I'm thinking about trying to fit a tow loop to the front (maybe the rear too) of the car - but there's no obviously good hard point to mount to within easy reach...

I also don't want to do any cutting of bumpers or anything - I've got an Aero, so I quite like the look of the stock bumpers and I don't want to be trying to buy a new bumper to get back to stock.

How does anyone here that's got one fitted do it? Do you have a neat install?

The motivation for wanting a tow loop is I've looked at doing a track day that requires a tow loop to be fitted.

Thanks for your thoughts!

3 minutes ago, potato goose said:

So I'm thinking about trying to fit a tow loop to the front (maybe the rear too) of the car - but there's no obviously good hard point to mount to within easy reach...

I also don't want to do any cutting of bumpers or anything - I've got an Aero, so I quite like the look of the stock bumpers and I don't want to be trying to buy a new bumper to get back to stock.

How does anyone here that's got one fitted do it? Do you have a neat install?

The motivation for wanting a tow loop is I've looked at doing a track day that requires a tow loop to be fitted.

Thanks for your thoughts!

You can get a special tow loop that fits into the oem towing hole from TRD / Sti but they're comedy expensive. 

There is also another brand that does a similar thing but there name escapes me - it's about £70.

Cheaper option is to use tow hooks either oem or aftermarket. I use aftermarket ones front and rear 

XSP_6256.JPG.b4051dd746dde5a63e7b4fe2ad65f86c.JPG

11 minutes ago, potato goose said:

but there's no obviously good hard point to mount to within easy reach...

Can't you just pop the cover off the tow hook mounting point?

I had one previously (bought from Amazon.com was smth like $25). Strap looked solid (multiple cross stitched) but colour became pale after less than a year.
Currently have Cusco tow hook.
The tow hole in pre-2017 and 2017-onwards are different e781915ac14c1996c532440efbfb8c96.jpg426bc528d16f93a0a3ff3fb718765f40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk